For some reason when I try to take low light pictures I get this stain on the pictures that seems to be either a stain on the inside of the glass or on the camera lens. Does anyone else see this issue? At first, I didn't realize it, cause i'm not big nighttime picture taker but now in low light you really see it. Looks like grease.

Issue w/ camera low light-imag0552.jpg

I just tried to contact HTC support via email to see if they can help.
    10-21-2013 09:05 AM
    Google for the purple tint in low light, search on this forum, there's also a loooong thread on XDA about it. It's a defect in the camera module, heat damages the low-light sensors or something like that. HTC has tried to fix it with a software update (on the international 4.3 update, not the USA/Canadian update), but results are mixed... Only reliable solution has been to have the camera module replaced, or the whole phone replaced, but there's no way to know if you'll end up with yet another faulty module
    10-21-2013 10:07 AM
    Google for the purple tint in low light, search on this forum, there's also a loooong thread on XDA about it. It's a defect in the camera module, heat damages the low-light sensors or something like that. HTC has tried to fix it with a software update (on the international 4.3 update, not the USA/Canadian update), but results are mixed... Only reliable solution has been to have the camera module replaced, or the whole phone replaced, but there's no way to know if you'll end up with yet another faulty module
    Wow, thanks for the heads up. Hopefully HTC sends me a new phone, I've never dealt with their support, so we'll see. These phones have a manufacture warranty for one year right?

Also, not only is it purple but look at the stuff on the screen looks like someone splattered crap on the screen, that's the major issue for me, that ends up in my nighttime pictures. My daytime you don't see that "splatter"
    10-21-2013 10:33 AM