No sounds

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,
I just noticed that in Settings-Sound-System you can have certain sounds ticked, I have ticked them all but the following sounds are not happening...Touch sounds-Screen lock sounds -Vibrate on touch, I'm sure not about Pull to refresh sounds, is there something else i need to turn on to hear these? my volume is up full.

Last edited:

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
You are NOT using power save, correct? By default that stops the vibration unless you specifically tell it not to.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
You are NOT using power save, correct? By default that stops the vibration unless you specifically tell it not to.

I discovered that if i turned power save off it does enable some of the sounds, i am still not getting Touch sounds, Screen lock sounds and Pull to refresh sounds.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Well I can tell you that they are really, really quiet sounds. Do you have your ear next to the speaker when performing the actions? They really are quiet and you might just not be hearing them.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
Well I can tell you that they are really, really quiet sounds. Do you have your ear next to the speaker when performing the actions? They really are quiet and you might just not be hearing them.

I did try that but couldn't hear them, i'll try again later when everything in the house is turned off, i googled and it seems theres a few people saying they can't hear them, i'm a sucker for all the little quirky things lol.

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site

My god you're right, what a waste of time putting them on, i don't know why they bothered, all i get is a VERY VERY faint click.

dareme103

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I do not have those sounds that you mentioned either. Another sound I do not have, and I'm not sure if they even exist, is the start up and shut down tones that most phones have when starting the phone or when shutting it off. I thought I saw a video posted showing off the ONE and it definitely had the start up tone or theme. I looked through the whole Manual and didn't see anything on it and loked at every possible setting to see if there was a way to turn on or off..not found.

bbinder

May 31, 2013
Visit site
Once I moved to the developer version the startup and shutdown sounds stopped for me. And yeah, the volumes for the sounds are so low it seems worthless to have them on :(

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I do not have those sounds that you mentioned either. Another sound I do not have, and I'm not sure if they even exist, is the start up and shut down tones that most phones have when starting the phone or when shutting it off. I thought I saw a video posted showing off the ONE and it definitely had the start up tone or theme. I looked through the whole Manual and didn't see anything on it and loked at every possible setting to see if there was a way to turn on or off..not found.
I have the start up tone which is quite loud but no tone on shut down.

dareme103

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site
I have the stock, non developer version and have neither start up or shutdown sounds. Anyone know how these are enabled or disabled? Verizon carrier on 4.2.2

poisonivy66

Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have the stock, non developer version and have neither start up or shutdown sounds. Anyone know how these are enabled or disabled? Verizon carrier on 4.2.2
Theres some options to turn sounds on or off in Settings-Sound-System however i think the start up sound just happens regardless of your settings, as i say i get no sound on shut down and the other sounds are practically inaudible.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm