HTC -- A Smartphone Innovator

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
Too bad Samsung (and LG) are the ones pushing the bar now. But with the recent executive switches in HTC and a more push for smartphone development there might actually be surprises from HTC soon...at least I hope for the company's sake.

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Samsung just announced that they will probably be installing a new chip into their devices that will disable the use of 3rd party hardware. These include batteries and chargers as well as other less expensive 3rd party devices. You will have to buy your devices from Samsung. I have never bought a Samsung phone and this pretty much seals the deal for me that I never will. I recently purchased my HTC One and I am extremely happy with it. My old phone was an HTC Hero. No Samsungs for me.

alexlam24

Banned
Oct 18, 2012
Visit site
Samsung just announced that they will probably be installing a new chip into their devices that will disable the use of 3rd party hardware. These include batteries and chargers as well as other less expensive 3rd party devices. You will have to buy your devices from Samsung. I have never bought a Samsung phone and this pretty much seals the deal for me that I never will. I recently purchased my HTC One and I am extremely happy with it. My old phone was an HTC Hero. No Samsungs for me.

Samsung is now just breaking the barriers, Android is supposed to be open and free, now they're pretty much becoming Apple. Restricting everything.

Sent from my HTC Xperia S4