phone book issue

alibeach

Oct 23, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone, this is my first post on the forum. I'm new to the world of Android, having come from Apple and am still not quite sure if I did the right thing, but oh well!

I wanted to know if there was anyway of taking the default view of the phonebook as the keypad off?

I find it annoying that every time I open it from having missed calls or to see last dialled it always goes to keypad.

Thank you!

Posted via Android Central App

H3aTeRzz

Oct 8, 2013
Visit site
hmmm...

It might be because I'm on a rooted phone with custom rom, but mine goes to whatever I was last viewing when closing the phone app. Its been a while since I had the stock rom, but I thought there was a way to place the order in which to view them when opening the app. Hopefully someone else with stock rom will peak in here soon.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
Not sure to be honest. But I don't find it to be an issue though. I think it's reasonable to assume on opening the phone icon that you may want to input a phone number. Also you can quickly type out the person you wish to call's name using the letters on the keypad (like old school texting used to be) to bring up their number. So the fact that it's there by default is pretty useful I'd say. I'd be more annoyed if it wasn't there every time.

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
The keypad cones up when you press the phone icon, if you open the people app there's no keypad on the way of your contacts.

There's also smart dialing from the keypad screen. You can start to tap a name on the keypad numbers to access it quickly. If you type John (5646) and have multiple contacts with that first name you will see a Match number on the left side below the contact picture, once you press it all the Johns will be displayed.

On the other hand if you only have one John but the number that shows for quick dialing is not the one you want to call, you can press the rolodex icon on the right side of the contact picture, from there you can select the number to call. You can also long press a number tosser it as the primary number to call when you quick dial that particular contact.

Hope this helps. Welcome to Android and to the community.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
freyon77