Slow Text Messages

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm having trouble with my text messages, using the stock Sense app. It seems that it is getting progressively slower as well. Whenever I touch the "To" field to add an addressee it takes a good 2 or 3 seconds for options to come up. Then after I press send, it can take another 2 or 3 seconds for the text to actually be sent. It is quite annoying given the horsepower under the hood and especially when I'm trying to send messages to different people rather quickly. I shouldn't have to wait on the app...there shouldn't be delays in getting a simple text message out.

Question 1 - has anyone else experienced this problem?
Question 2 - any ideas or recommendations how to fix the problem?

I'm running 4.3 and Sense 5.0 on the At&t version, but this problem preceded the 4.3 upgrade.

Thoughts?

Posted via Android Central App

gmstevens

Oct 13, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, same thing for me. Only happened since the 4.3 update. Annoying but something I reckon I can live with

goober84

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I've been having the same problem as well but noticed it before the 4.3 update so I just switched over to textra, no problems now.

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Thanks guys for your responses. It is at least some comfort to know that others have experienced the same problem, meaning it isn't just my device.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to fix this problem?

Topgonzo

Sep 16, 2011
Visit site
Probably a dumb question but do you have Alot of text messages? Mine gets slow until I clean up messages then it speeds up

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
Probably a dumb question but do you have Alot of text messages? Mine gets slow until I clean up messages then it speeds up

Sent from my HTCONE using Xparent BlueTapatalk 2

I guess I do. I've never cleaned anything up but I thought Android or Sense did that based on the number of texts you have or the age of the texts. Plus, I wouldn't think that would be an issue with a Qualcomm S600 quadcore processor managing things. Maybe that is a naive assumption.

TourATL

May 17, 2011
Visit site
The same issue popped up about a week ago for me. I deleted old texts, and is seems to have gone away. I also switched to Textra not too long after though, so it could be that I'm not noticing it because of that.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

waxpatch

Apr 4, 2012
Visit site
It's multiple contact messages that slow down the app. Delete any of those and you should be fine. Hopefully HTC win address this in next update

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
I save NO text messages hardly at all. If I get a notification that a text message has arrived and I click the icon on the screen, the app opens but it takes 2-3 seconds for the new text message to appear on the screen.