HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

How many of you have a faulty camera?

• Total voters

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I'd love to send it in for repairs, but I don't think I can be without a phone for a week, plus I really enjoy the way my phone is set up, and I'd hate to have to re-download and re-customize my home screens again.

From experience, I can tell you it was rough! The only substitute I had was my daughter's old Samsung Exclaim. I gave up sending text messages!

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

spam2021

Nov 19, 2010
Visit site
Bought mine new 6 months ago, had the purple tint issue, took it in and had it replaced. New one was fine until 4.3 update then purple tint came back. Took it back and had it replaced again and new one was fine till microphone stopped working. Took phone in to Sprint and they swapped it out for another and new one has purple tint.. New one is getting shipped in tomorrow, here's hoping for 5th times a charm!

Posted via Android Central App

wolfiexox

Mar 24, 2014
Visit site
I have the purple tint in lowlight and when my phone's really heating up, but sometimes it shows a blue-ish tint when it's cooler. It's annoying because I can't use my camera to its full potential when I need it. I don't want to return it though for several reasons :p

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
I got the pink tint. I'm not sure if I should send it in.

Attachments

• 182033.jpg
    182033.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 49

Roger Burnett

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
I've had several problems lately with my HTC One ...
I've had the pink/purple photos of late, and quite frankly, I am very disappointed with the device. I'm also disappointed with the video (mms) feature too, because the device will only send up to 10 seconds of recordable material. Beyond that, there's no real option except to send it via an email etc, which often just doesn't suit.
I will NOT stay with HTC next time, and their call centre is a waste of time too.
Regards. Roger

soulenigma

Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
Definitely have the purplish tint when taking low light pics. Kind of sucks since I got this phone from my brother in part for its low light capabilities.

TarekElsakka

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
I think I always had the purple tint ever since I purchased the phone. I contacted the HTC dealership over here in Egypt, called JoviTronix, and they wanted around $239 to replace the camera, so of course I ignored the problem.

billmenlo

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I had the purple tint. Also most photos appeared out of focus. After repair photos look GREAT. Focus and clarity of photos are excellent and the tint is completely gone. Note that I was past 12 months since purchase, but just within 15 months from manufacture date. So the repair was covered under warranty. What a difference!

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
Purple tint on my M7, purchased thru Costco on 8/3/13. Sent in on 7/31/14. Replacement arriving today. Reading this thread makes me feel somewhat confident that my phone will be fixed. Using my One Mini (M7) now, no camera or other issues.

unistinger

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
Registered here just to join the poll. YES THE PROBLEM IS HERE TOO. I wonder if HTC is repairing this for all users including those who have unlocked the device's bootloader...
I sent my device to repair today, they have already blocked $49 as a bond! and I found some suggestions of "Warranty is void since you have unlocked the bootloader".. looks like I will have to contact Consumer Law..

TexanSaint

Apr 3, 2011
Visit site
I had this problem begin about 5 months after buying my phone. After much research and many phone calls I received this info. The camera module has a heat barrier (or shield) that gradually lost effectiveness. I mailed my phone in to a repair facility in Houston for a free repair because the phone was still in warranty. The camera module was supposed to by replaced. Instead they attempted a repair and my phone came back worse than before. I sent it in again with sample pictures I took with it and a note that told them to "replace" not repair the module. They did and it's been fine ever since. All of this was several months ago and I am still irritated that HTC has not issued a recall for a known defect and are leaving their customers to figure this out themselves. And if you don't call and demand the repair I described above before the HTC warranty, you are out of luck and have to pay. Also be advised that I was told that they NEVER issue a "new" replacement phone for warranty purposes even though the warranty states that a new or refurbished phone will be given at their discretion. Please get the word out about the repair option.

TWC42

Aug 28, 2013
Visit site
I had this problem begin about 5 months after buying my phone.,,,, be advised that I was told that they NEVER issue a "new" replacement phone for warranty purposes even though the warranty states that a new or refurbished phone will be given at their discretion.......
The phone I just got on 8/7/14 as a replacement was in such pristine condition that I don't believe it was ever used. Although it came in the typical return box with the "I'm back" logo, a separate label on a loose piece of paper that one is supposed to stick on the back of the phone when sending it in for repair, was included. This, in addition to having software that was two versions older than the current software, makes me think that the phone was taken out of a new box and put in the return box without even testing it beforehand.

Thondi

Aug 15, 2014
Visit site
I used to have this issue too, and I pretty much gave up on trying to fix it. However, a few weeks ago my jack-plug went silent, so I had to send it to the nearest HTC centre (it's abroad, that's why I didn't bother sending my phone there because of the camera). It took them about 2 weeks, but when it came back, the attached paper said they replaced my camera, even though I sent it because of the jack.
The camera works perfectly now, so I really recommend that you send your phones to an official service.
However, they might erase all your data from it (just the way they did from my one), so make sure you have a safety backup stored on your HTC account.

lupos

Feb 26, 2012
Visit site
Just signed up for a "repair" from htc. Took option #3 : they send me a phone and put a $600 hold on my card till i send mine back. Cost 30 to get it done rapido but I'm sick of waiting. I'll report back once I get it. FYI: i tried getting it "fixed" at sprint once but they gave me a refurb that had the same issue and the camera has a problem focusing -_-

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12