HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

How many of you have a faulty camera?

• Total voters

TimmE

Jul 2, 2012
Visit site
zy2ybugy.jpg

Sent from my HTCONE using Tapatalk

raysurrx7

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I was having the same issue with mine. On Monday 11/4/13 I called HTC and they authorized for me to send it in for repair at no cost. On Friday 11/8/13 the repair was completed and it is on it's way back to me. I will be receiving it on Wednesday 11/13/13. I will keep you guys updated and let you know if the "repair" has resolved the issue. Here is a picture That I sent to them originally as proof of the issue. When I get the phone back I'll take the same picture in the same lighting conditions and post the results.

IMAG0010 (1).jpg

salwansk

Dec 15, 2011
Visit site
I was having the same issue with mine. On Monday 11/4/13 I called HTC and they authorized for me to send it in for repair at no cost. On Friday 11/8/13 the repair was completed and it is on it's way back to me. I will be receiving it on Wednesday 11/13/13. I will keep you guys updated and let you know if the "repair" has resolved the issue. Here is a picture That I sent to them originally as proof of the issue. When I get the phone back I'll take the same picture in the same lighting conditions and post the results.

View attachment 90963

thanks and please let us know if it fixed or not.... also you can check for the purple, by covering the camera with dark cloth or just try the camera with very dark room "no lights at all". it should stay black screen without purple hue. but please give it like 5 to 10 mins, sometimes it won't appear immediately...
another question, what carrier are you with? and you sent the phone to HTC directly or to your carrier? cuz im with ATT and i returned the phone for a replacement phone three times, and each time ATT send me out a defective phone.... basically i just gave up.

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
Had mine for almost 7 months also, and my camera displays no tinting at all.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

raysurrx7

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
thanks and please let us know if it fixed or not.... also you can check for the purple, by covering the camera with dark cloth or just try the camera with very dark room "no lights at all". it should stay black screen without purple hue. but please give it like 5 to 10 mins, sometimes it won't appear immediately...
another question, what carrier are you with? and you sent the phone to HTC directly or to your carrier? cuz im with ATT and i returned the phone for a replacement phone three times, and each time ATT send me out a defective phone.... basically i just gave up.

Salwansk, I for sure keep everyone updated. The phone was though att. They*made me do two software updates until I was on 4.3 to see if it would fix it. I then did a factory reset to see if it would fix it. After that it still didn't work so I called HTC directly. If the phone is still not working properly after this I have to sell it and go Samsung s4 unfortunately.

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
Crazy to see how many people are having issues with the camera. Mine has been without issue since purchase in June. The camera is actually one of the key features of the device for me

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
maybe it's an earlier devices manufacture issue that has been solved?
didn't anyone try to find out if there's a tint issue apparent by the device manufacture date?
if this is true it can solve many headaches while purchasing a used device (for me at least ;) )

btw, here's a severe case of an unhappy costumer:

Last edited:

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Crazy to see how many people are having issues with the camera. Mine has been without issue since purchase in June. The camera is actually one of the key features of the device for me
I wouldn't put too much stock in this poll. People are far more likely to respond if they're experiencing the issue.

lldsandsll

May 17, 2010
Visit site
It may be, but that doesn't mean it will achieve its goal.

the goal is for HTC to fix our phones, which they aren't going to. the least we can do is bring visibility to this issue so no one buys an HTC phone again. you might say that it doesn't affect you and you love HTC, so you'll keep buying their phones, but if this did happen to you (with no resolution), you'd feel a lot different. i've been an HTC loyal for 10 years, and i'm now finished with them forever.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
the goal is for HTC to fix our phones, which they aren't going to. the least we can do is bring visibility to this issue so no one buys an HTC phone again. you might say that it doesn't affect you and you love HTC, so you'll keep buying their phones, but if this did happen to you (with no resolution), you'd feel a lot different. i've been an HTC loyal for 10 years, and i'm now finished with them forever.

i tend to agree with this, however i will take my chances if i'll get to buy one, and thoroughly test it first.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Did you quote the right person? I have no idea how that relates to what I said.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante