HTC One - Simple Poll: How many have a purple/red/pink tint on camera?

How many of you have a faulty camera?

• Total voters

raysurrx7

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
maybe it's an earlier devices manufacture issue that has been solved?
didn't anyone try to find out if there's a tint issue apparent by the device manufacture date?
if this is true it can solve many headaches while purchasing a used device (for me at least ;) )

btw, here's a severe case of an unhappy costumer:
HTC One camera problem purple noise - YouTube

My production date is 2013, April 5th. Made in Taiwan

DS1331

May 25, 2013
Visit site
So you called your carrier or HTC and they wouldn't replace or fix the phone for you? Im not sure I believe that. They have replaced phones for far less of issues

Sent from my HTC One

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
So you called your carrier or HTC and they wouldn't replace or fix the phone for you? Im not sure I believe that. They have replaced phones for far less of issues

Sent from my HTC One

I agree, I'm surprised HTC would do nothing.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

raysurrx7

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
Hi everyone!

I'm back with the update. So before I sent my device back to HTC, here is the photo I showed everyone.

IMAG0010 (1).jpg

I sent my device back last week and they received it on wednesday. Exactly 1 week I received it back in my hands. It arrived in a nice box.

IMAG0002.jpg

I immediately tested the camera in the same lighting conditions and here are the results:

IMAG0003.jpg

FIXED!!

Here's another photo i took in a pitch black room, and also the screenshot of the phone when laying on a blanket (no light coming through at all)

IMAG0004.jpgScreenshot_2013-11-13-16-54-04.png

So it's safe to assume that this is definitely a HARDWARE issue. Maybe a certain production date - production date had bad cameras. The production date of mine was april 2013, in taiwan.

Scott Dudzienski

Dec 13, 2012
Visit site
I will have to agree that something is causing the issue. To me it looks like light trying to come through. I have attached to photos of the same thing. One is with my HTC One and the other is with a SG4. You can clearly see the purple in the HTC. The SG4 it is dark just like the room is. Raysurrx7 how did you go about returning for repair?

HTC
IMAG0012.jpg

SG4
20131114_142343.jpg

UPDATE: I just talked to HTC and they are sending me a kit to return for repair... Lets see what happens.

Last edited:

mysidx

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I thought I didn't have this problem, but these low light shots in my hotel room show major problems.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Attachments

• 1384487991489.jpg
    1384487991489.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 34
  • 1384488017854.jpg
    1384488017854.jpg
    28.2 KB · Views: 35
  • 1384488033667.jpg
    1384488033667.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 34

Benny218

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Yep! I went to a Papa Roach gig last night and recorded the whole thing. Whenever there was low-light the screen was just pink/purple. Was looking around at everyone else recording on their phones and they all looked fine yet there's me with a pink screen! It's 6 months old and only noticed it recently

Benny218

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
I'm currently addressing the issue with HTC on chat, they had this to say -

Android 4.3 update - Thermal/dark noise and Pink/Purple camera hue issue] When taking pictures in low light conditions, you may find the thermal / dark noise and bright pattern on pictures. The symptom will be more obvious when the device temperature is high. Action: We have delivered the Android 4.3 update to improve the noise symptom and provide several enhancements. Follow the Android 4.3 update script to reply with users. (ETA 10/2013) If android 4.3 update has already rolled out,please upgrade the phone to the latest software version. Please note that it's an improvement, but not a total fix. If it does not help- Please perform a master reset. Factory reset is not a step to be taken lightly. It’ll permanently delete all your data and customized settings, and will remove any applications you’ve downloaded and installed Press and hold the Power and Volume down keys for approximately 15 seconds. Note: Performing a factory reset via hardware will automatically wipe ALL DATA from the phone, including the built in 32/64GB memory.Please back up data. Step 2: The screen will turn off, and then after a few seconds, the bootloader will appear, at which point release the Power and Volume down keys. Click Next to continue. Step 3: Press the Volume down key twice to highlight FACTORY RESET. Step 4: Press the Power key. Step 5: The phone is restored to factory settings.

daveanchii

May 18, 2013
Visit site
This really is a big problem. Mine doesnt have any tints when i bought my phone. It was May this year. The tint started to appear after 4-5 months. Now after updating to 4.3 it got worst. Very frustrating. Now if i should have this fix it would cost me approx 250$!! I bought my unit from a grey market, warranty only covers service charges not parts. And even then they have no guarantee that the problem will be permanently fixed.

Posted via Android Central App

HunterKen7

Apr 6, 2013
Visit site
I sent my phone in for a separate issue (always blurry on one half of the image). I also had the purple tint issue. I noted this in a letter I included with the phone when I sent it to HTC for repairs. Hopefully whatever they did also involved fixing the purple tint. The phone should be back from repair on Tuesday. We'll see then how it looks.

Palak Mehta

Nov 15, 2013
Visit site
The first few months the phone was working perfect ...only after the update I started having the camera problem...Even after the android 4.3 and HTC sense 5.5 updated still have the same problem.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
I think it's very temperature related. My phone is performing a lot better now the weather has got a lot colder.

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've always had a bit of the purple tint issue in certain low-light conditions. I got this phone in July, I think.

Posted via Android Central App

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bluegarland692