This may be a dumb question, I've tried researching, but how do I enable SMS on the new hangouts update

Nevermind, not actually updated yet. Delete Thread Please
    10-30-2013 08:49 PM
    I downloaded the released apk and the sms feature worked great. Didn't have as much luck with mms on AT&T.

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2013 09:25 PM
    I downloaded the released apk and the sms feature worked great. Didn't have as much luck with mms on AT&T.

Same thing for me on Sprint. I can't send MMS. Just trys and says unable to send with option to retry. I've tried uninstall and reinstall. I've tried clearing app data with no luck. I have noticed that it forces mobile data to send even when on wifi. I use Textra and it sends both sms/mms over wifi. I hope this issue gets fixed because I'd like to use Hangouts for everything, but if I can't use mms then I can't use it as a sms/mms replacement. Back to Textra I go for now.

11-01-2013 08:32 AM
    Same thing for me on Sprint. I can't send MMS. Just trys and says unable to send with option to retry. I've tried uninstall and reinstall. I've tried clearing app data with no luck. I have noticed that it forces mobile data to send even when on wifi. I use Textra and it sends both sms/mms over wifi. I hope this issue gets fixed because I'd like to use Hangouts for everything, but if I can't use mms then I can't use it as a sms/mms replacement. Back to Textra I go for now.

I could have written the same thing. That's the exact situation I'm in.

11-01-2013 04:56 PM
    I can get sms but no mms on new hangouts app. Why is that? When it sayd sms I thought it'd be both

11-02-2013 01:26 PM
    This was taken from APK for the Nexus 5. I'm pretty sure the reason we can't get it to fully function is because in the full kit kat update we will have other allowances and properties that will change and allow for the new Hangouts to work the way it should. I uninstalled for now.

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    11-02-2013 04:59 PM
    I tried MMSing after I upgraded using an apk. Sent two pics to two people. Interestingly, neither pic went through the first time, but both recipients got the picture eventually without me having to re-send.
    11-02-2013 09:12 PM
    I tried MMSing after I upgraded using an apk. Sent two pics to two people. Interestingly, neither pic went through the first time, but both recipients got the picture eventually without me having to re-send.
    How long after you sent? Also, did it force on your mobile data even when you had wifi on?

Sent from my HTCONE using AC Forums mobile app
    11-02-2013 09:57 PM