Hi everyone, first time android user. I bought my new HTC one exactly 4 days ago after being so fed up with the garbage that apple produces. Now I seriously am in love with this new phone and I don't know why I waited so long to make the switch, but a large reason I bought the HTC one is because I heard the battery is phenomenal; which doesn't seem to be the case for me?

I'll charge my phone overnight and I have the power saver always on. With light usage and listening to music for a decent portion of the workday, I'll be down to between 0-5% when it hits quitting time. I don't know if I should talk to my service provider who sold me the phone, or if this seems normal? The same usage on my iPhone would leave me with around 20 percent in a day

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2013 01:15 PM
    Do remember that the hardware in the One is top notch and the battery is well equipped to handle it but still it can use help, in your power saver settings make sure you have CPU usage set to throttle and I recommend any app that shuts off your data / 4G when your screens off, I personally use Juice Defender as it does the job for me, although at first I thought it did nothing. I can say that I'm not afraid to use my phone non stop for 6-7 hours playing games or watching videos because of the power save and JD.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    10-31-2013 01:27 PM
    Really, that good hey? I dont really play games or anything of the like at work for fear that my battery will be completely drained before the day is done. Maybe I'll try that app tomorrow after a full charge

Posted via Android Central App
    10-31-2013 01:51 PM
    try turning off the battery saver app. Ive read some reports of people with bad battery life and they turn off the option and it gets better.

also its hard to see you compare this to an iPHone. way different battery sizes, processor sizes and speeds. Its like comparing gas usage between a dodge ram and a honda..
    Results will always vary. Heck low signal alone will kill a battery.. LOL
    11-01-2013 04:49 PM