Sprint 4G LTE issues

Drumgod009

Feb 8, 2011
Visit site
First off, I know people have posted similar issue to mine, but I wanted to explain exactly what my symptoms are.

I live in Tampa, FL an area which has quite excellent coverage for both 3G and 4G. I bought my phone about 2 weeks before the 4.3 update came out. Before the update my phone would should full 6 bars of service on 4G in my room, in my house. Following the update, I saw 1 to 2 bars in the exact place. The only time I get full bars now, is when I'm literally in physical view of a cell tower. Like half a mile away and I drop down to 3 bars and so on.

When I get the 1 bar on 4G it works, but will soon drop down to 3G in which case it shows at least 4 to 6 bars in the same exact location. So the question is, will a factory reset fix this? Could my antenna be malfunctioning?

I had multiple locations around Tampa and Brandon in which I received good coverage but will now (after the update) drop to 3G. I have a perfectly working phone other than that issue...

Posted via Android Central App

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
First off, I know people have posted similar issue to mine, but I wanted to explain exactly what my symptoms are.

I live in Tampa, FL an area which has quite excellent coverage for both 3G and 4G. I bought my phone about 2 weeks before the 4.3 update came out. Before the update my phone would should full 6 bars of service on 4G in my room, in my house. Following the update, I saw 1 to 2 bars in the exact place. The only time I get full bars now, is when I'm literally in physical view of a cell tower. Like half a mile away and I drop down to 3 bars and so on.

When I get the 1 bar on 4G it works, but will soon drop down to 3G in which case it shows at least 4 to 6 bars in the same exact location. So the question is, will a factory reset fix this? Could my antenna be malfunctioning?

I had multiple locations around Tampa and Brandon in which I received good coverage but will now (after the update) drop to 3G. I have a perfectly working phone other than that issue...

Posted via Android Central App
Is your speed significantly slower or does it just show less bars?
I believe the update made it so that you see the # of bars in terms of data coverage whereas before it showed your voice coverage but didn't affect the actual speeds :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol