I'm having a hard time finding a reason to switch from my One

bigoldthor

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I'm that guy who starts getting the itch for a new device 2-3 months after I've gotten the latest and greatest. I start reading all the reviews and seeing what's coming next and think, "Man, I have GOT to get this new phone!" Sure enough, within six months, I will invariably get a new device.

This may be the first device I've had in a LONG time that I honestly have no desire to switch...yet. I love it just as much, perhaps more, than I did when I first got it. It took me a while to get used to the 4.7" screen since I had come from Galaxy Note II. My aging eyes liked the 5.5" screen. But after about 5-7 days, I had adjusted and haven't looked back. The build quality and materials are superb, it looks gorgeous, and it is buttery smooth. (Yes, appearance does matter to some of us, and this thing is, IMHO, the most beautiful phone I've ever seen.) Sense 5.0 doesn't offer *quite* as many features as I'd like (I'm a tinkerer), but it is so well designed that I can't complain too much.

I know I'll eventually start looking elsewhere, probably the Nexus 5. But I'm going to have a hard time putting down the HTC One.

Bradski9

May 16, 2013
Visit site
Same here, I just don't see any phones worth switching for. The nexus 5 looks great but not worth switching from this sexy hunk of metal (that sounds very weird)

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
I'm trying to find a reason to trade it in for the LG G2 or the Nexus 5 but...I just love it. It looks great, the screen is beyond phenomenal (especially outdoors), it fits perfectly in my hand, Sense is the most beautiful skin I've had in an Android phone. For a phone that is aging with time...it really just doesn't age in my head. There are just some glitches that make me want to root another 4.3 on it because the stock one is sort of bugging out on me sometimes, but I'll give it a couple more chances ;).

prissysox

Trusted Member
Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
I admit I gave in and ordered an N5. It won't ship for 2-3 weeks but I miss wireless charging sooooooo much. I finally decided between it and the Moto X. Cheaper price and the wireless made the decision for me.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF300T using AC Forums mobile app

mikepas

Oct 12, 2009
Visit site
I'm the same as the OP in that I used to switch phones every six or seven months but after four months with the HTC One I'm not even thinking about switching. For me it boils down to the build quality of the hardware and front facing stereo speakers. I want my "premium" device to, well, feel "premium". Hyperglazed plastic just doesn't do it for me. Plus I use my One in the office to listen to music at my desk and those stereo "BOOM sound" speakers really make it an almost perfect handheld media consumption device.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I like the one but the UI really does my head in and as I cannot root my phone due to Windows 8.1 not recognising hboot I'm a little stuck. Will probably switch to a nexus 5 in the new year.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I could but it would be a pain. I can wait till I'm officially updated to 4.3 next week and then root and install a kit kat ROM.

JW4VZW

Banned
Sep 13, 2013
Visit site
I have an HTC One as well, and love it. I did just get a Note 3 from work, so I have been using that a little more than my One lately. That being said, I believe that the One is better than the Note 3.

frankied101

Oct 31, 2013
Visit site
With root that sexy hunk of metal will be the nexus 5 but better cause of the google play integration. I too switch devices all the time but Dammit this phone is almost perfect. Snapdragon 800 would have made this phone... A God

Posted via Android Central App

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
There is nothing to guide it's an app you install, like it could be an early release of an updated play store or hangouts etc. Only info I will give, is don't install one unless it's from a reputable site like here or xda and not some dude.

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
can you guide me to more info on these apk's?

You download something like Astro File viewer on the One, plug in your HTC One and drop your kitkat .apk files inside somewhere. Make sure you have unknown files allowed to be installed, then navigate to them using Astro, open them up with package installer, then you're done.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Markizta