HTC "TWO" (M8) rumors and other thoughts

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
It was a lot bigger of an upgrade then other flagships were. (Ex: iPhone 5 > 5S, OG Pro > G2, HTC One X > HTC One)
I guess that's subjective. If you had a SGS3 there wasn't much reason to upgrade. I wouldn't say the same for the One X to the One.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
So sick of the 5" screens. I want these specs in a 4.5" screen is that to much to ask. ****.

Sent from my HTC One
Says the guy with an HTC One...Yes, it is too much to ask because with a smaller screen you get a smaller body. That makes it harder to fit in the parts so obviously you can't have a big battery. Smaller battery means a 1080p panel will burn through your battery so no to that as well. Smaller screen and lower resolution means there is no need for a monster of a processor...
If you want really good performance on a small phone get the Moto X

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
This is a render I found from Android headlines. http://www.androidheadlines.com/2013/11/htc-m8-one-successor-coming-four-carriers-q1-2014.html
a8uhe9em.jpg

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
lets hope they either dump the ultra pixel design or up it's game on that design. I know some swear by it but not me;)

I agree totally. I've had my One for one month today. I love the phone and although I do not have the purple tint on the camera I do feel the camera is weak. My old phone is an HTC Hero and even though it didn't have a flash it took better pictures than my One. The camera is the only thing about my One that I don't like. But I am keeping the One :)

regor60

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
it's sound good also for me and i really start to get used to the idea,
but then people here tell me that many devices have the purple tint of death in low light, and this is simply not acceptable for me...
as i said in another thread, i shoot in low light a lot.

People who use the word "shoot" to describe their picture-taking usually rely on real cameras. For example, I use an older 1DMarkII.

Posted via Android Central App

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Or make it 1.5 micron pixels and make it 8MP.
At 2 it lets in way too much light and the daytime shots are waaaay overexposed.

Technically the size of the pixel doesn't have anything to do with letting light in. That's an issue that could be addressed in software.

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Technically the size of the pixel doesn't have anything to do with letting light in. That's an issue that could be addressed in software.

Well that's what they're advertising it as. And no it can't be fixed with a software update

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
Well that's what they're advertising it as. And no it can't be fixed with a software update

Yes, exposure can be fixed in software. They're simplifying the technical details. The size of the pixel doesn't have anything to do with the light that is let in. There have been others who are far more knowledgable than me who have explained it in threads on here in the past.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Yes but the S4 takes great shots during the day even on auto.
Most people don't know what settings to change to make the shots better...

so you're saying that if you set the camera right, you'll have NO exposure problems? that's not a problem for me.

Yes, exposure can be fixed in software. They're simplifying the technical details. The size of the pixel doesn't have anything to do with the light that is let in. There have been others who are far more knowledgeable than me who have explained it in threads on here in the past.

anyway, from latest rumors, they're upping the MP's to 8 instead of 4, staying with ultrapixel. but they'll probably try to improve other aspects.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
btw, just stumbled upon this Nexus 5 comparison :

very interesting to see the lens differences.
N5 is more wide but with the "regular" feel of Phone lens (DOF etc), and the ONE is a bit less wide, with what seems like a more open aperture (which i like better).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463