Another newb question

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Since upgrading from IPhone to my HTC I have noticed that when I call people the screen falls asleep and then I struggle to end the Call as their seems no obvious red "end call" key to press. I am probably missing something in my settings if anyone can help,.?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Are you saying there is no end call button because your screen isn't waking up when you pull the phone away, or because your going to your home screen during the call and don't have the phone app open when your call has ended? There is most certainly an end call button during all calls and I don't think you can turn it off, but here are some things to try or consider;

If your phone won't wake when you pull it away from your ear try cleaning your sensors, upper left next to the speaker.

If you are going to your home screen during calls you can pull the notification bar down and at the top of the list it shows you are on a call. To the right of that there is either a red x or red phone icon that will end the call.

Alternately if you go into your phone app, and then go to settings there is an option to end calls with the power button. Now I'm not sure if selecting this leaves everything the same and just allows you to end the call in an additional way, or if it changes the behavior of the phone and takes away the end call button at the bottom of the phone app and replaces that option with the power button end call option. Either way the notification option should not be changed. You may also want to check your settings in the phone app and see if you have it checked already. If it is try unchecking it and see if your end call button comes back. That's if none of the other items mentioned are true. i.e. dirty sensor, still in the phone app.

dazkil2103

Oct 21, 2013
Visit site
Many thanks for your answer I think I'll try the power button way you suggest. My phone screen goes to sleep during Call but then when I want to end said conversation it's hard to get the visual phone screen back up quickly and end call, if that makes sense

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze