I searched the other 4.3 threads and couldn't find anything on these so I thought I'd ask here.

1) Is there any way to get rid of the annoying "Google Now" function that's linked to the home button? I always double tap home to bring up the multi-task window and often it thinks I'm swiping up and I get that annoying Google Now search function. I checked under "Display, gestures and buttons" within the settings, and it looks like there's no way to disable google now from being linked to the home button.

2) Is anyone else having issues with composing emails? When I create a new email, or forward or reply to an existing one, it often doesn't let me start typing in the message response box (under the to and subject fields) no matter how many times I tap my finger in that box. This drives me nuts!

Thanks for the feedback.
    11-08-2013 11:18 AM
    1) try disabling Google in the apps menu.

2) do you have animations disabled? I had them disabled and had a similar issue, try putting them to 0.5.
    incinerate2007 likes this.
    11-08-2013 11:46 AM
    1) try disabling Google in the apps menu.

2) do you have animations disabled? I had them disabled and had a similar issue, try putting them to 0.5.
    Thanks Dave! The google disable worked like a charm!
    11-08-2013 12:46 PM
    Thanks Dave! The google disable worked like a charm!
    No worries, glad to help. Any update on your other issue?
    11-08-2013 12:47 PM
    I think I have the answer the problem number two. Same thing happens me and after I type in the subject I press the return button on the keyboard. I'm using Swift key. Try that and let me know.

Posted via Android Central App
    incinerate2007 likes this.
    11-08-2013 01:11 PM
    I think I have the answer the problem number two. Same thing happens me and after I type in the subject I press the return button on the keyboard. I'm using Swift key. Try that and let me know.

Posted via Android Central App
    That works! It's kind of ridiculous that we have to use the subject/enter workaround just to get to the response box, but at least now I dont have to fumble around with it. I'm also using swift key... you think it's a swift key issue? It only started happening to me after 4.3... but I also updated swiftkey in between so now I'm starting to think it may be swift key.

- - - Updated - - -

No worries, glad to help. Any update on your other issue?
    The other issue continues to persist unfortunately... but patrick below offered a nice temporary workaround to the problem until I can figure out what's going on.
    11-08-2013 07:20 PM