EBay has been a nightmare. I bought this HTC One and it was great but the guy didn't include what he said he would send so I have to return it. Then I bought another HTC One used

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...3D171158787597

And he states it is in excellent condition. However the buttons are almost flush with the phone (the left side kind of sticks up a little) on both the power and volume button. Also the micro USB slot seems pretty banged up. Will those issues cause any problems later down the road? I was really dissapointed when I saw those issues because the phone looked flawless.

Posted via Android Central App
    11-08-2013 04:57 PM
    EBay has been a nightmare. I bought this HTC One and it was great but the guy didn't include what he said he would send so I have to return it. Then I bought another HTC One used

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53...3D171158787597

And he states it is in excellent condition. However the buttons are almost flush with the phone (the left side kind of sticks up a little) on both the power and volume button. Also the micro USB slot seems pretty banged up. Will those issues cause any problems later down the road? I was really dissapointed when I saw those issues because the phone looked flawless.

Well,I realize you're trying to get a phone on the cheap but what you described for being a "used" phone should be OK. If it works, don't worry too much. You're not going to get a "perfect" phone unless you buy new....and even then, some new one's have cosmetic flaws. If the phone works like it should and in the price range you can afford....get it.

What did the first guy not send you?
    stepaul8 likes this.
    11-08-2013 05:14 PM
    Well,I realize you're trying to get a phone on the cheap but what you described for being a "used" phone should be OK. If it works, don't worry too much. You're not going to get a "perfect" phone unless you buy new....and even then, some new one's have cosmetic flaws. If the phone works like it should and in the price range you can afford....get it.

What did the first guy not send you?
    A charger and I didn't know where to get one cheap ( Verizon sells them for 35 bucks) so I would've had to buy one off line so I simply asked him if he could send me one and he acknowledged he didn't send me one and then said he would send me one. 3 weeks later no charger.

11-08-2013 05:24 PM
    A charger and I didn't know where to get one cheap ( Verizon sells them for 35 bucks) so I would've had to buy one off line so I simply asked him if he could send me one and he acknowledged he didn't send me one and then said he would send me one. 3 weeks later no charger.

You can get a charger anywhere. Amazon, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, and Sprint. Heck, They even sell them at your local Walgreens and CVS stores. You don't have to have HTC branded chargers. You can use ANY charger to charge it. Some chargers work better than others but they all will charge it.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Trave...cUvbUpU3224722

$1.21 with $3 shipping. So a NEW HTC charger for 4.21 isn't bad.
    11-08-2013 06:24 PM
    You can get a charger anywhere. Amazon, Best Buy, Radio Shack, Walmart, and Sprint. Heck, They even sell them at your local Walgreens and CVS stores. You don't have to have HTC branded chargers. You can use ANY charger to charge it. Some chargers work better than others but they all will charge it.

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Trave...cUvbUpU3225036

$1.21 with $3 shipping. So a NEW HTC charger for 4.21 isn't bad.
    Yes, I can get it off amazon and pay shipping or I can simply ask the guy who promised me a charger to ship one. Then he told me he would send one. He lied and made me wait. If its so simple for me to get one then it's also easy for the seller who is supposed to include the charger to send one.

11-08-2013 09:07 PM
    Yes, I can get it off amazon and pay shipping or I can simply ask the guy who promised me a charger to ship one. Then he told me he would send one. He lied and made me wait. If its so simple for me to get one then it's also easy for the seller who is supposed to include the charger to send one.

Can't argue that.
    11-09-2013 03:13 AM

The buttons on the One are pretty much flush with the phone. And the charging port will look a little banged up after a few connections. If you like the phone and it works I'd bite the bullet and buy the charger off Amazon. $4.21 for an OEM charger is great! I paid $25.00 to have an extra one 5 months ago. I agree that he should have sent it especially after he said he would but you could just leave a comment on his Ebay seller's page. It's going to be more of a hassle to send it back and to get your money back.
    stepaul8 and ram1220 like this.
    11-09-2013 05:57 AM
    Sorry for your hassle. I would think that after 3 weeks, he deserves a bad feedback rating. Once done, it can't be retracted unless you file a formal complaint so his lack of action has a paper trail. Before I did the feedback thing, I would tell him what you plan to do. What was his rating while you were bidding on the item. I, personally, never buy from a seller with a less than 99% seller rating.

Good luck.
    stepaul8 and ram1220 like this.
    11-09-2013 08:34 AM
    No! Don't just buy any charger... Chargers range from measley trickle output to proper output... Plugs need to be the right ones, cords can come from anywhere
    11-10-2013 12:07 AM
    No! Don't just buy any charger... Chargers range from measley trickle output to proper output... Plugs need to be the right ones, cords can come from anywhere
    Yeah that's true, but the One charges so slow that just about any of them will work with it. Even a trickle is max charge rate for the One.
    11-10-2013 12:24 AM
    I was just saying that as a matter of fact and in general that any charger will charge it. Of coarse an OEM is best (hence to the leak I posted) as you know that it puts out the max rate and will last. A CHEAP .03 cent charger might last a lifetime but most likely last only last 3 days. For info though, the max output for the ONE is 1 amp while most other phones is 2 amp. That's why it charges slowly, but you can use a 2 amp to charge it as the resistors in the ONE limit the input o 1 amp max.
    11-10-2013 10:55 AM