change IP address

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
I guess the first question is why would you want to? Second question would be, do you mean on wifi or on your carriers network?

roflwaffleton

May 19, 2012
Visit site
They would most likely block the MAC address as the IP address is dynamic and would change often. You can't change your MAC address. You should probably be working instead. Or use your own data plan and don't abuse your work wi-fi.

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
They would most likely block the MAC address as the IP address is dynamic and would change often. You can't change your MAC address.
Not necessarily. If they're using a RADIUS server for authentication in conjunction with LDAP or Active Directory then they'll just track based on the user account. If they aren't doing it this way then it would be easiest to track via static IPs, as it seems the IT people set up the device for network access anyway, they could have configured it this way. There are several drawbacks to doing it that way, primarily that the user can change this, though it would probably cause other errors if they did. Certainly, using the MAC makes sense from a unique ID perspective, but I've never seen it done this way.

You should probably be working instead. Or use your own data plan and don't abuse your work wi-fi.
Don't take all the fun out of it :p

Bigleftyinaz

May 23, 2011
Visit site
Ok well they may or may not be tracking you via your IP then. Did you log into the wifi network with your standard user credentials?

How it works, is. When you turn on your wifi,It picks ups works wifi signal and connects to it.When I open google,It redirects and opens a new page telling and asking that you are connecting to this and you accept the terms.When you click yes,It brings you to the business home page.Then we do what we want.

I don't know how they would track,but we are told if we use too much we will be blocked

croaker68

Sep 25, 2013
Visit site
Think that cell phones change ip address as your carrier adjusts data usage. At least with AT&T, there have been times when mine said I was in Utah, and later Nevada.

Posted via Android Central App

Mohammad Iqbal1

Jun 20, 2015
Visit site
HEY , guys
really want to know if i can change my wiifi address , i am using a motorola droid razor hd. all of the sudden its just stop workin on wifii before that i used to connect with wifii alot . but now it creating problems please let me know if any one can help me out . and please mind the model i tod you .

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cyari6908