Why is my native texting app so slow to respond?

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
I feel like its slowed over time.
Not only does the phone sometimes take a good 3+ seconds to find the name I type in in the search box but after I input text and hit the send button, at times it could take 5 seconds to actually go out.

Is this the individual app itself or am I having an overall processing problem?

Shermdiggity

Sep 10, 2011
Visit site
I have the same problem. I posed a similar question a few weeks ago, but didn't get a real answer. I was told to clear out old messages, but with the horsepower and memory in this phone, it wouldn't seem this should matter.

Posted via Android Central App

Xsie

Jul 5, 2011
Visit site
I feel like its slowed over time.
Not only does the phone sometimes take a good 3+ seconds to find the name I type in in the search box but after I input text and hit the send button, at times it could take 5 seconds to actually go out.

Is this the individual app itself or am I having an overall processing problem?

I have had similar issues here. So I'm using go sms.

Sent from Xsie's sexy HTC One

monkmullen

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I was having a hard time with texting too a few weeks ago. The app was crazy slow, and wouldn't send texts out for hours sometimes. Only in safe mode did everything work.

Did a factory reset of the phone and that took care of everything.

Posted via Android Central App

Love Divine

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
Clear out all of your old messages. That's almost always the culprit. Trust me on this one. If you're really paranoid about losing em for some reason, you can back em up first.

Darth Mo

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Yeah too many messages. I have mine set to only keep the last 5,000 messages. I let mine get up to like 15,000 once and it ridiculously slow.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
How can a phone with this much memory. this strong of a processor and all that hard drive space, slow down after a couple thousand texts??

makes no sense.

koteshtn

Jul 6, 2014
Visit site
Hi this may help you out in fastening your messages.

go to message settings, there will be limit for messages. Keep 1000 messages per thread.

check this option and you see your mobile working faster. remember messages will be auto deleted and keeps only 1000 messages per thread.

kwitel

Mar 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks but isnt 1000 messages per person a bit much?

How will that make things faster if I am already deleting old threads as much as possible?

I emptied out nearly all of my texts last week and the phone is still just as slow.

Tim98TA

Jul 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine is set at 200 but I delete text messages as I am done with conversations. I think I have maybe 5 total messages on there now.
Mine drags as well.