Hi Everyone,

I have a slight dilemma. I’m looking to pick up an android phone fit for me and I have narrowed it down to two suspects, Nexus 5 and HTC One. Coming from me, I had a HTC Evo Shift in the past and from that I had a slight iPhone addiction with the 4 and 5 but I’m beginning to miss the customization and unique personality that is included with Android. Since they are both a smooth $50 with my contract upgrade, price is not the issue. Basically, I want a phone that has the powerhouse under the hood but with the aesthetics to go along with it. The HTC One has the beautiful aluminum, machine cut, modern-day premium design (especially the BestBuy blue edition) but it is lacking with the Snapdragon 600 compared to the soft touch plastic Nexus 5 with the 800. Honestly I can’t decide between the two because I also like the way google treats the Nexus line of phones with everlasting support and I think I would be future-proofing myself with it. Plus, I already have a Nexus 7 (2012). Could anyone add some input to convince me which device is better for me? I will be posting this in both the HTC One and Nexus 5 sections of the forum so no bias. Thanks for you time!

Edit: I've decided to go with the One and I'm going to convert it to a Google Play Edition so I will hopefully get most of the latest updates from google. Thanks to everyone who replied!
    11-10-2013 10:51 PM
    The One runs 4.3 and Sense 5-5.5 smooth as silk. You won't feel the need for more processing power. The front facing speakers are amazing. It seems like an obvious thing once you use them, but I can't give them up now.
    11-10-2013 10:54 PM
    if i were the CEO of HTC i'd be banging my head on the wall every time i read posts comparing it to the LG Nexus.

snapdragon 800? you dont chose between a ferrari and a lamborghini based on horse power.

11-11-2013 02:08 AM
    It all comes down to form factor/design and the subtle differences between the hardware. Keep in mind that you can't convert the device to the GIS. You can simulate the GPE by rooting and installing custom software, but it's not going to get updates from Google. You'll need to update the ROM provided by developers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    11-11-2013 09:05 AM
    It all comes down to form factor/design and the subtle differences between the hardware. Keep in mind that you can't convert the device to the GIS. You can simulate the GPE by rooting and installing custom software, but it's not going to get updates from Google. You'll need to update the ROM provided by developers.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app
    You can do a full conversion to a GPE and get OTA updates.
    11-11-2013 12:36 PM