Is it too late to get one?

nazem

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone i'm new to the htc one forums. I'm planning on selling my s4 for an htc one but i want to know is it too late? Is the htc one getting old already or is it still future proof? I know it's powerful but 'd like to hear people's opinions on the phone! Thanks in advance!

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
At this point I'd give money towards the lg g2 or Nexus 5. The HTC One is fast, looks beautiful and all that stuff, but after months with it I feel like a change of pace is needed.

NexusNick123

Nov 11, 2013
Visit site
I would look at more phones the nexus 5 LGG2 Sony take a look before you jump in the HTC one

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
It's still worth considering. HTC has already promised Android 4.4 KitKat within 3 months or sooner to the US carrier market. So that being said it's still a good choice.

As others have stated you can give a good look at the of LG G2, Moto X or Nexus 5.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

abbott

May 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a Snapdragon 600, and after using the Snapdragon 800 I would not recommend getting anything but. Might as well, they are the same price and definitely more future proof, the 800 supports always listening voice control that could be added to Android later, while the 600 does not. Get the Nexus 5, LG G2, or Gnote 3.

ne0ne

Jun 26, 2013
Visit site
I have a Snapdragon 600, and after using the Snapdragon 800 I would not recommend getting anything but. Might as well, they are the same price and definitely more future proof, the 800 supports always listening voice control that could be added to Android later, while the 600 does not. Get the Nexus 5, LG G2, or Gnote 3.

I own an htc one, moto x, and nexus 5. I'm a geek and love 1080p displays and quad core CPUs just as much as the next geek. However there are many factors, in my opinion, that you need to consider when judging a Device. Build quality , display, sound, camera, software optimizations, custom features, etc.

I feel the htc one is hands down the best media consumption Device out. Record breaking pixel density, amazing dual stereo front facing speakers, and an amazing build quality and feel.

That said if I had to only keep one it would be the MotoX. Amazing form factor , buttery smooth, obvious software optimizations, and a unique feature set. Active display / notifications are amazing. As is touchless control. The almost non existent side bezels combined with its very unique design and you have a solid phone that fits great in/the hand. Also has the best quality speakerphone I have used. It also runs chrome faster than any quad core phone on the market.

However the htc one is still also a fantastic device and I would not hesitate buying one even at this point with the other Devices on the market.

It really depends a lot on what your needs are, and what you Use the phone for the most.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

smartnphone

Dec 4, 2011
Visit site
Great phone with amazing screen and uncomparable speakers. The price has dipped quite a bit and HTC promises updates. The snapdragon 800 chip phones are worth considering but when it comes to speakers, no phone can compare to the HTC One's.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
so some of you say snapdragon 800 is must, some of you say software optimimization is worth the ONE..
so what wins here??

quicksilver53

Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I would go with the One. I have had mine since April and have no plan of going with the N5. HTC has created what I consider the best phone on the market.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I would go with the One. I have had mine since April and have no plan of going with the N5. HTC has created what I consider the best phone on the market.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

in this case, how do you watch all the missing codecs of various movies? what player do you use?

anon(757864)

Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I was initially wanting the g2vbut it went from free to 100 bucks and HTC one was free so I got it. Not regretting it as I can turn it into ge with kitkat or wait for sense kitkat. Idk how the g2 does with signal acquisition but the one is excellent pulling in a much more usable signal than my old gs3 lte

Posted via Android Central App

uh60james

May 16, 2010
Visit site
I've never had an issue but if I convert movies to play on my phone they are mp4 which just about anything can play. Never had an issue playing any downloaded videos either. There are plenty of video players in the Play Store though, I can't recommend one though since I have never needed to install one.

garyft

Aug 29, 2013
Visit site
I look at it like this. If you wait a few months because something better is coming out, something even newer/faster will be coming out a few months after that. You could get stuck in that cycle. If you get a phone that's one of the best on the market right now, it'll be capable of doing whatever you need for quite a while. If you're one of those people that has to get a new phone every time something new comes out, you'll end up replacing it anyway. If you're somebody, like me, that tends to use one for quite a while then the One should fill that purpose quite well.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Puiman