Is it too late to get one?

LindtChocolate

Apr 24, 2013
Visit site
so your advice is: "its a great phone all around but don't get it because i got bored with mine?"

Oh yeah, let me go ahead and add that the phone is riddled with little bugs ever since 4.3, the manufacturer is in a rut at the moment, and you'll get an overall better stock experience through the N5 or LG G2. Is that what you wanted? The phone is old, that's what I was getting at.

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Pfftt.... Why do people always needs others to tell them what is best for them. Me the One is the best overall phone for me. There I said it, it's the best for me.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Pfftt.... Why do people always needs others to tell them what is best for them. Me the One is the best overall phone for me. There I said it, it's the best for me.

Probably because there's no shortage of people who try to pass their opinion off as gospel truth.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Oh yeah, let me go ahead and add that the phone is riddled with little bugs ever since 4.3, the manufacturer is in a rut at the moment, and you'll get an overall better stock experience through the N5 or LG G2. Is that what you wanted? The phone is old, that's what I was getting at.

Old? Lol wow.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Got it, but the op should make their own decisions based on their own needs. Maybe I'm just getting old and sarcastic.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Remember were just sharing our personal opinions and experiences. No need to get personal or direct with anyone in particular.

Paul
Forums Moderator

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

Kdroid

Jun 5, 2011
Visit site
Seriously? Perhaps you misinterpret the last post. I'm neither for or against the S4 or the One as someone who has both. The OP just reminds me of "please help me figure out which is better" and the sugesstion was to be truly happy with your choice only you should answer your own question.

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Better battery lifeand bigger screen

Posted via Android Central App

i wonder why nobody mentions the crappy LG UI which almost rivals the Touchwiz in crappiness. no Launcher can fix that.
if you truly like intuitive and smarter UI, choosing the ONE is a plus.

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
I haven't experienced the LG skin but coming from years of Samsung, HTC and Sense 5.x is a warm, inviting welcome. I have been completely satisfied with my choice in the HTC One.

Sent from my HTC ONE using AC Forums mobile app

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Everyone bashes Touchwiz because that's what appears cool at the moment. We all on here talk about rooting and flashing roms, or at the very least installing launchers but yet people still act like Touchwiz ruins lives. If you're looking into Android, chances are you will probably be introduced to launchers at some point. HTC and Sense is fine, but so is Samsung's Touchwiz, the LG ui, and Moto Blur. If you don't like it, change it. That's what Android is all about. It's getting so old listening to people talk about customization in one thread, and then whine about a OEM skin in the next.

Rule9

Banned
Jun 2, 2013
Visit site
Everyone bashes Touchwiz because that's what appears cool at the moment. We all on here talk about rooting and flashing roms, or at the very least installing launchers but yet people still act like Touchwiz ruins lives. If you're looking into Android, chances are you will probably be introduced to launchers at some point. HTC and Sense is fine, but so is Samsung's Touchwiz, the LG ui, and Moto Blur. If you don't like it, change it. That's what Android is all about. It's getting so old listening to people talk about customization in one thread, and then whine about a OEM skin in the next.

In the case of skins (or forks is you prefer) is that beauty is not just skin deep. The skins also penetrate into your settings menus, system apps, notification bar, etc. For example both Samsung and LG still use the older gingerbread appearance for many of their system apps, ie. the dialer, contacts. Samsung exacerbates the problem by using gingerbread elements on some screens, this florescent green theme on the quick settings, and ICS elements in other areas. While I agree this doesn't bother many people, it's still bothersome to some.

The only way you can rid yourself of this is to use custom ROM's. This is a solution for techies and even in Android circles these days, that's not as common as it used to be. ROM's were a better solution when Android was in a much less refined state than it is now. Back in GB and before that, I'd almost argue that ROMs were a must. Nowadays we're well beyond ROMs being anything more than an alternative way to tinker with your phone.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
The only phones on the market that I would currently consider is the Nexus 5 or the HTC One. I love my One and the N5 will be my new daily driver here soon. HTC One will make a great backup phone! Even as a main phone its still an amazing device. Go with your own needs before any hype. I just have a phone problem! :p

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
The only phones on the market that I would currently consider is the Nexus 5 or the HTC One. I love my One and the N5 will be my new daily driver here soon. HTC One will make a great backup phone! Even as a main phone its still an amazing device. Go with your own needs before any hype. I just have a phone problem! :p

if you could perhaps give a reason why you'll still prefer the ONE over let's say, G2? thanks.

LegalAmerican

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
In the case of skins (or forks is you prefer) is that beauty is not just skin deep. The skins also penetrate into your settings menus, system apps, notification bar, etc. For example both Samsung and LG still use the older gingerbread appearance for many of their system apps, ie. the dialer, contacts. Samsung exacerbates the problem by using gingerbread elements on some screens, this florescent green theme on the quick settings, and ICS elements in other areas. While I agree this doesn't bother many people, it's still bothersome to some.

The only way you can rid yourself of this is to use custom ROM's. This is a solution for techies and even in Android circles these days, that's not as common as it used to be. ROM's were a better solution when Android was in a much less refined state than it is now. Back in GB and before that, I'd almost argue that ROMs were a must. Nowadays we're well beyond ROMs being anything more than an alternative way to tinker with your phone.

I can see your point. And I do agree. But I also feel like with every phone there's going to be a few things that wont be EXACTLY what you wish it would be. Maybe not at first or with a new device we've been looking forward to, but in time that's inevitable. So to constantly bash skins/forks just gets so old because there's other options. If you hate Touchwiz, get HTC. If you hate all skins/forks, get a Nexus. I personally disliked a lot of Motoblur back when the Razr line first came out but I didn't hate it. And I don't bring it up every single time someone mentions Motorola because I understand that I can change the vast majority of what I don't like, OR I can get something else.

Android is all about choice and personalization that it's sad how often we get worked up over what we don't like. It's so tremendously easy to pick something else that fits us better if we don't like what one OEM is doing. It's conversations like that that prove to me how often we complain just to complain for complaining's sake.

On topic though, i'd love the Nexus 5, LG G2, or Note 3. But the Nexus 5 is at the top of my list currently.

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
if you could perhaps give a reason why you'll still prefer the ONE over let's say, G2? thanks.

I like HTC and the device. It just fits me best. Spec and needs alone. I say play with each device and see what one you like the best. Ones opinion may not carry over to another. That is why I love the Android platform. Many many choices!

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I like HTC and the device. It just fits me best. Spec and needs alone. I say play with each device and see what one you like the best. Ones opinion may not carry over to another. That is why I love the Android platform. Many many choices!

thanks, i prefer the ONE over the G2 in most aspects, besides the bigger screen size. but the problem is that i live in Israel, and costumer service here might be problematic for some devices.
HTC for example. terrible service, takes ages to repair or get a new phone, etc. and from what i read there are literally TONS of QC complaints all over the web.
so that's the main thing i'm afraid of.
what if i get "purple haze"?? i'm done for!
it feels almost a matter of pure luck. unless the problems now somehow have gone under control.. i dunno.
so THAT was almost the main reason to pick the G2. and i HATE going by that reason. not a real choice.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
i wonder why nobody mentions the crappy LG UI which almost rivals the Touchwiz in crappiness. no Launcher can fix that.
if you truly like intuitive and smarter UI, choosing the ONE is a plus.

The Launcher fixed Touchwiz for me.. Because.. It doesn't use it lol. Not sure how a Launcher wouldn't fix it :).

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance