Hi,

Apologies if this has been posted already but I'm having an issue with my HTC One.

I received notification of an update which I downloaded. The phone switched off and I then restarted it. The white start up screen showed, followed by a progress bar of a download, but now my phone is stuck on a black screen with two green arrows forming a circle with another one in the middle pointing down at a mobile phone. The phone is NOT charging. I can't turn the phone off.

Any ideas on what I can do?

Many thanks,

Minesh
    11-12-2013 12:50 PM
    Looks like you interrupted the update process. Try a reset. Hold the power button down for 10 seconds and hopefully it will restart as normal.
    11-12-2013 02:17 PM
    hi,
    I also have same problems..The two circle green arrow was exits after i restart the hp.
    Any ideas how to solve this problems?
    11-16-2013 11:09 AM
    Same problem. I am wondering whether it was a mistake to click "install Sprint update" at 8PM when the battery may have been too far gone. I see no one comes back to answer so I'm hopeful the phone will turn out not to be bricked.

On the positive side, I was worried for about 10 minutes that the charge light would not come on while plugged in. But after I pressed the buttons long enough to see the chasing green arrows, about 8 minutes later I noticed the charge light had finally come on. Hope it is just the update and will work in the morning. Very disturbed however that the battery is impossible to remove (to externally charge, had the update kept it from charging).
    10-09-2014 08:38 PM
    Hello,
    I'm having the same problem and obviously freaking out. Curious as to people's outcome with the same problem, and if there's any solutions.

Thanks.
    04-21-2015 02:35 PM
    Have anyone found a solution to this problem?

I have the same issue. Got the notification for system update. Downloaded and install the 700MB+ file. On boot up it just go to the screen with the 2 green arrows that make a circle, and an arrow pointing down. The phone is not in charging status (as some had suggested to unplug).

I also tried to do the Volume Down key + Power key with no luck. It looks like the phone is bricked.

What's irritating is that I talked with T-Mobile tech support and they couldn't do anything. This updates was pushed (by notification) to my phone and I trusted it to work. T-Mobile suggested to buy a new phone, since the warranty is over, or to take it up with HTC. So, I asked if HTC wants people to buy new phones, they can keep coming out with updates that brick people's phone then? Wow!

Thanks in advance for any help.
    08-18-2015 03:40 PM