Ok, the unthinkable has happened, i have a scratch on my HTC One screen, i'm mega careful so i don't know how how i did it, anyway stable door after horse has bolted i scoured Amazon for a decent Screen protector, I have narrowed it down to a pack of 6 by Terrapin, has anyone used these? are they any good? Any recommendations, I don't like Matte, thanks.
    11-13-2013 01:52 PM
    Ok, the unthinkable has happened, i have a scratch on my HTC One screen, i'm mega careful so i don't know how how i did it, anyway stable door after horse has bolted i scoured Amazon for a decent Screen protector, I have narrowed it down to a pack of 6 by Terrapin, has anyone used these? are they any good? Any recommendations, I don't like Matte, thanks.
    Always put a screenprotector on your beloved smartphone . I use the cheap screenprotector from China haha and they are fine. They do scratch easier than the pricier versions so always buy them in a set. If you really want a highend screenprotector, search for a glas protector from SPIGEN. The best available in my opinion.

Verstuurd vanaf mijn HTC One met Tapatalk
    11-13-2013 02:03 PM
    Always put a screenprotector on your beloved smartphone . I use the cheap screenprotector from China haha and they are fine. They do scratch easier than the pricier versions so always buy them in a set. If you really want a highend screenprotector, search for a glas protector from SPIGEN. The best available in my opinion.

Thank you, a good reason for getting a pack is i will probably need at least 3 attempts to get it right, I will check out Spigen.
    11-13-2013 02:15 PM
    Think I'm going to get the Tech Armor clear, looks very good for the price, good reviews on Amazon.
    11-13-2013 04:09 PM
    Think I'm going to get the Tech Armor clear, looks very good for the price, good reviews on Amazon.
    Try the clear oleophobic screen protector from greenonions supply. Its awesome. You can get it from Amazon too. Its like touching glass. I have it on all my electronics.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app
    davidtm likes this.
    11-13-2013 07:28 PM
    Try the clear oleophobic screen protector from greenonions supply. Its awesome. You can get it from Amazon too. Its like touching glass. I have it on all my electronics.

Sent from my ASUS Transformer Pad TF700T using AC Forums mobile app
    Thank you.
    11-14-2013 01:47 AM
    Thank you.
    No problem.. I think you get 2 in the pack.. If you make a mistake you can peel it back up and try again. But peel it up with some tape. Not fingernails. You will warped the screen protector. Been there. It's a tight fit edge to edge, so you have yo get it just tight so the corners sit flush. Took me a few tries. But finally got it. Make sure you get the clear one not anti glare. The anti glare has a matte finish I hate that.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app
    poisonivy66 likes this.
    11-14-2013 05:27 AM
    I see they are pretty expensive here, are they similar to the Moshi ivisor where they can be washed and reapplied over and over?
    11-14-2013 06:07 AM
    I see they are pretty expensive here, are they similar to the Moshi ivisor where they can be washed and reapplied over and over?
    No you can't wash and reuse them. I was looking for one that made it look like it's not even there. It's really good. Not that cheap. But company is really good. If you have an issue, they will send you another one.. Like its oil resistant and water. But still have to wipe and clean it. Like every other.

11-14-2013 09:23 AM
    No you can't wash and reuse them. I was looking for one that made it look like it's not even there. It's really good. Not that cheap. But company is really good. If you have an issue, they will send you another one.. Like its oil resistant and water. But still have to wipe and clean it. Like every other.

Thank you for the input, they are a little too much for me so i sent for the Tech Armor clear, they have good reviews and a lifetime guarantee, 3 in the pack, they are 4.95 on Amazon so worth a go, I'll post on what i think to them in a few days.
    11-14-2013 11:20 AM
    Thank you for the input, they are a little too much for me so i sent for the Tech Armor clear, they have good reviews and a lifetime guarantee, 3 in the pack, they are 4.95 on Amazon so worth a go, I'll post on what i think to them in a few days.
    Sounds good! I'm always looking for alternatives to try anyway!

11-14-2013 11:29 AM
    Sounds good! I'm always looking for alternatives to try anyway!

I'll certainly let you know, they shouldn't take too long to arrive.
    11-14-2013 11:33 AM
    Looking for something myself, too; just got my phone today and reluctant to use it out and about until I get one of these one.

Tech Armor Premium Anti-Glare and Anti-Fingerprint: Amazon.co.uk: Electronics

http://www.amazon.co.uk/FoneM8%C2%AE...cUvbUpU3240815

These are the two I'm looking at, top one seems decent but seems to be mixed opinions on anti-glare/matte or whatever. My mate has anti-glare on his iPhone 5 and it looks great.
    11-14-2013 12:13 PM
    You can try getting it from your own phone manufacturer. It maybe better as they are the one who made your phone so they should know what type of protectors it needs. But I can't be sure that its the best out there. I bought 1 from my phone manufacturer that says scratch proof and a few days after play fruit ninja I have scratches everywhere.

☆Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    JexporDiamonds
    Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 [White] ☆
    11-14-2013 12:22 PM
    You can try getting it from your own phone manufacturer. It maybe better as they are the one who made your phone so they should know what type of protectors it needs. But I can't be sure that its the best out there. I bought 1 from my phone manufacturer that says scratch proof and a few days after play fruit ninja I have scratches everywhere.

☆Subscribe to my Youtube Channel!
    JexporDiamonds
    Sent from Samsung Galaxy S4 [White] ☆
    The official HTC screen protector seems to be getting poor reviews so i passed on that.
    11-14-2013 12:26 PM
    The official HTC screen protector seems to be getting poor reviews so i passed on that.
    Samsung too...so now I'm seaching through every online market to find the right one...
    11-14-2013 12:27 PM
    I decided on the clear one as i think it will be nearest to the naked screen, i suppose both have their advantages, I looked at the FoneM8 too.
    MONDINGO and JexyJex like this.
    11-14-2013 12:30 PM
    Samsung too...so now I'm seaching through every online market to find the right one...
    Hard isn't it, you just think you found the one and see a bad review.
    11-14-2013 12:33 PM
    Just a thought, i'm really not looking forward to fitting one, no matter how careful i am i get dust underneath, i do the thing with sticky tape to lift off the dust but still get bubbles, any tips and tricks on installing would be great.
    11-14-2013 01:16 PM
    Just a thought, i'm really not looking forward to fitting one, no matter how careful i am i get dust underneath, i do the thing with sticky tape to lift off the dust but still get bubbles, any tips and tricks on installing would be great.
    Do it in a dust free environment and wash your hands off first. The best place is still in the shower. Let the hot water run so the shower will be steamy. When the room is steamy wet, put the screenprotector on your screen. You'll see less dust if you do it like this. Someone told me that this kind of environment decreases the amount of dust in the air.

11-14-2013 02:06 PM
    Do it in a dust free environment and wash your hands off first. The best place is still in the shower. Let the hot water run so the shower will be steamy. When the room is steamy wet, put the screenprotector on your screen. You'll see less dust if you do it like this. Someone told me that this kind of environment decreases the amount of dust in the air.

I read that somewhere, we don't have a shower but i could let the hot water tap run, someone suggested doing the job on a damp cloth, not sure that would help though.
    11-14-2013 03:11 PM
    I said i would update on the Tech Armor Screen protectors, all i can say is...WOW, 4.95 off Amazon, pack of three, dust tape, card for the bubbles, cleaning cloth and Lifetime Guarantee, , I watched the video and read the instructions and the whole thing took me about 10 minutes, I'm amazed because i was dreading it, it's usually a nightmare, i tried it on the screen to see where it would fit exactly and got started, the dust tape they provide is very useful, even after a good clean little bits of dust came off onto the tape, It went on like a dream, I can recommend these highly, they come very nicely packaged too, very pleased with them.
    11-18-2013 11:47 AM