Dropped phone in toilet with otterbox. Everything works except the speakers are a little quiet.

pianodude4

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Hi people. I dropped my HTC One in the toilet a few minutes ago (I can't be the only one.), and I immediately grabbed it out and dried it off, then I took the case off and dried it more. To my surprise, everything works.

That is everything works with a side effect. The speakers are quieter. I don't know what's wrong with it.

Can you guys help me? Right now, my phone is waiting in a bed of rice.

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Most likely your speakers are saturated with water causing a muffled sound allow it to dry real good. Also even though your phone works is wet make sure you power down and leave it. Testing it out further can short something out

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

pianodude4

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you so much!! My grandma got insurance on it because she knows how I am with things, but I still didn't want to have to admit I dropped it in the toilet (It gets boring staring at walls, so why not iFunny?).

You have helped soothe my worries. And you reminded me that I forgot to turn the phone off in the rice. Thank you!

pianodude4

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Haha... Well it gets pretty boring staring at a wall and iFunny seems very enticing for entertainment. I cleaned it well. I've did everything I can do. Now, I just have to wait. I think I can forego taking it to school tomorrow, and I will try to get a friend to let me use their phone, so I can call my mom. Thanks Adrian, and ram, and tedbearclaw.

pianodude4

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Ok thank you. It will be hard, but I think I can make it 48 hours without my phone if it means it will work like before. The sad part is that I use it so much, I was going to look at this thread from my phone... And the fact that I just got it in August.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae