Which one do you think is better.
    I am looking for a phone with a good battery life and has good performance for gaming.
    11-18-2013 12:32 PM
    Which one do you think is better.
    I am looking for a phone with a good battery life and has good performance for gaming.
    In general, the Nexus 5 is better. Except for the following items:

1 - While the N5 does not get bad battery life, the One is better from what I have seen.
    2 - HTC case design is better.
    3 - IR Blaster
    4 - Stereo speakers...this alone is a good reason to buy a One IMO. It is a neat feature that I think is underrated. I am hoping the One's success motivates other Android vendors to follow suit.

The Nexus 5 has a better camera and is definitely much faster for gaming. The nexus 5 is probably one of the best gaming phones on Android right now. A lot of people think the One's display is better (I'm not one of them, but a lot of people think that). Performance-wise I think the N5 is smoother. But that might be because of Sense (I have not played with a Google Play Edition HTC One yet).
    StaticVoidz likes this.
    11-18-2013 12:53 PM
    Hi, I actually posted this question a little while ago and I myself am going with the HTC One. If you wanna see my thread go here. Hope you join us One owners!
    lEssence likes this.
    11-18-2013 02:29 PM
    I switched from the One to the Nexus 5 last week. I love it more in every way EXCEPT the sound is awful vs the One.

Battery seems about the same to me and the camera seems better too, but it could just be "new phone placebo."

Posted via Android Central App
    11-18-2013 05:34 PM
    In general, the Nexus 5 is better. Except for the following items:

1 - While the N5 does not get bad battery life, the One is better from what I have seen.
    2 - HTC case design is better.
    3 - IR Blaster
    4 - Stereo speakers...this alone is a good reason to buy a One IMO. It is a neat feature that I think is underrated. I am hoping the One's success motivates other Android vendors to follow suit.

The Nexus 5 has a better camera and is definitely much faster for gaming. The nexus 5 is probably one of the best gaming phones on Android right now. A lot of people think the One's display is better (I'm not one of them, but a lot of people think that). Performance-wise I think the N5 is smoother. But that might be because of Sense (I have not played with a Google Play Edition HTC One yet).
    #4 made me LOL, what evidence is there outside of a few tech blogs and internet forums that the One was even remotely successful? Probably a dozen flagship phones have been released since the One and not a single solitary one has stereo speakers and I am not aware of any rumored phones to contain them either. I admit, it's a well executed gimmick but generally worthless to people who keep their phones on vibrate and listen to media with headsets.
    11-19-2013 01:43 PM
    #4 made me LOL, what evidence is there outside of a few tech blogs and internet forums that the One was even remotely successful?
    Well, it got the mindshare if nothing else. People recognize the One as a quality device.

If you are only going by sales figures, then the only successful android phones are the Galaxy series.
    11-19-2013 03:01 PM
    Well, #4 is at the top of my hit parade...
    ram1220 likes this.
    11-19-2013 03:12 PM
    Well, it got the mindshare if nothing else. People recognize the One as a quality device.

If you are only going by sales figures, then the only successful android phones are the Galaxy series.
    Again, which people? If the One got mind share it would've gotten some market share. If Samsung, Apple, Nokia, and LG thought stereo speakers were a must have item I think we would have seen them show up by now.
    11-19-2013 04:18 PM
    Again, which people? If the One got mind share it would've gotten some market share. If Samsung, Apple, Nokia, and LG thought stereo speakers were a must have item I think we would have seen them show up by now.
    you are assuming people:

1. are previously well informed on the choice they make regarding the product they want.

2. are gadget literate.

for the majority of people, these two don't apply. they blindly buy apple products without having the first clue what goes in them and or chose samsung because samsung has a strong penetration in various markets and offers something apple doesnt: a flexible OS and a large screen for their phones.

some of my friends have never even heard of the htc one. they dont read forums such as this one or watch technology videos. quite literately, they assume the next iphone will be better than the one they have and they go and buy it when it comes out.

why do people buy the nexus? because its cheap(er) and it gets direct updates from google; and it ships with a pure android experience. the rest is them trying to convince themselves they have a phone on par with the iphone and the htc one or the galaxy S4. its not. google has mande concessions on the phone's quality to release it at that price. is it a bad phone? no, its a great phone. does it have a faster newer processor than the htc one? yes, because its 6 months newer. does it affect the every day performance of a phone? no. is it a "must have"? again, no.

anyone who chose the nexus 5 over an htc one because of specs is either negating the fact that he had other priorities in mind when he got it or just doesn't know any better.

there is NOTHING the nexus 5 has that would make an htc one user want - aside from faster updates.
    11-19-2013 04:32 PM
    Htc one still rocks my world and my friend who had to run and get one after I got mine and my girlfriend too. We have zero complaints about our phones and updates to glitches have come around and continue to come through.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    bigoldthor and jeverts like this.
    11-19-2013 05:45 PM
    why do people buy the nexus? because its cheap(er) and it gets direct updates from google; and it ships with a pure android experience. the rest is them trying to convince themselves they have a phone on par with the iphone and the htc one or the galaxy S4.
    Lol

its not.
    You're right. It's not on par with those phones. It's better in some ways. It's faster than the S4 and the One. It has a higher resolution and ppi than any iPhone. Those are objective facts and are not opinions.

anyone who chose the nexus 5 over an htc one because of specs is either negating the fact that he had other priorities in mind when he got it or just doesn't know any better.
    Or (*gasp*) they just don't agree with you on things like camera and display. Is that possible?

there is NOTHING the nexus 5 has that would make an htc one user want - aside from faster updates.
    Uh huh. Lets take a look at the Camera, shall we?

Nexus 5 is on the left.

"One of our biggest complaints about the HTC One is the over-processed look it gives pictures, and while we know that comes out of necessity with only having a 4MP camera it just comes off looking wrong to our eyes. In both auto and HDR mode, the One took consistently brighter pictures than the Nexus 5, but did so at the expense of adding lots of processing and grain to pictures — often over-exposing them far more than we'd like." ..."The Nexus 5 better suits us because we're looking for the best possible image quality"

http://www.androidcentral.com/nexus-5-vs-htc-one
    Just sayin.
    11-19-2013 07:42 PM
    you are assuming people:

1. are previously well informed on the choice they make regarding the product they want.

2. are gadget literate.

for the majority of people, these two don't apply. they blindly buy apple products without having the first clue what goes in them and or chose samsung because samsung has a strong penetration in various markets and offers something apple doesnt: a flexible OS and a large screen for their phones.

some of my friends have never even heard of the htc one. they dont read forums such as this one or watch technology videos. quite literately, they assume the next iphone will be better than the one they have and they go and buy it when it comes out.

why do people buy the nexus? because its cheap(er) and it gets direct updates from google; and it ships with a pure android experience. the rest is them trying to convince themselves they have a phone on par with the iphone and the htc one or the galaxy S4. its not. google has mande concessions on the phone's quality to release it at that price. is it a bad phone? no, its a great phone. does it have a faster newer processor than the htc one? yes, because its 6 months newer. does it affect the every day performance of a phone? no. is it a "must have"? again, no.

I think you are a bit off base. I've had the Note 2, HTC ONE, S4 and Moto X and prefer the N5 over all of them.

That's not to say any of them aren't great because they are. Each flagship has its own special features that set it apart.

The N5 and nexus devices in general aren't "crappy, poor man's flagship's" they are just subsidized by Google.

Each flagship has its problems. HTC ONE questionable build quality ie screens not even on top or bottom, rattling speakers etc. S4 is clearly made of cheap plastic materials.

Just because the nexus devices are cheaper does not mean they aren't on par with the top flagship's.

Sent from my Nexus 5
    11-19-2013 08:06 PM