HTC One - Missing Labels/Names For Icons/Buttons

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Has anybody else got this issue? It started randomly about 3 days ago. No idea what triggered it.

The words that are usually over the icons in the gallery and the email app and other places on the system are being cut short or turning into ".." randomly. Sometime its sorts itself out and sometimes it stays like that.

Hard to explain so I've attached some screentshots.

2013-11-23 10.02.02.jpg
2013-11-23 10.02.20.jpg
2013-11-23 10.07.20.jpg

Any ideas what is causing this and how I can fix it. Its pretty annoying.:-\

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
No. I didn't change any settings leading up to this. It just happened randomly.

I've double checked the font size and even tried switching between them all and it still happens.

2013-11-23 14.36.16.jpg2013-11-23 14.36.45.jpg

Last edited:

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
My GF has a HTC ONE so I've been comparing mine to hers and our settings are identical apart from ringtones and what not. I can't figure out why mine has this glitch and hers doesnt. In fact, nobody on here seems to have it either. What the hell?

ram1220

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
When was the last time you rebooted the phone? I had a minor glitch the other day where no amount of clicking on my contacts would dial the phone like it was supposed to. Rebooted and all is fine now. I hadn't rebooted in almost over 3 weeks.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
When was the last time you rebooted the phone? I had a minor glitch the other day where no amount of clicking on my contacts would dial the phone like it was supposed to. Rebooted and all is fine now. I hadn't rebooted in almost over 3 weeks.

I've rebooted it 4 times today. :(

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Worse comes to worse you could make sure all your Gmail related stuff is sync'd and then use Helium from the Play Store to backup your apps /data. Then preform a factory reset.

Sent from my awesome HTC One using Tapatalk.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Worse comes to worse you could make sure all your Gmail related stuff is sync'd and then use Helium from the Play Store to backup your apps /data. Then preform a factory reset.

Yeah, it's looking like the most likely option. I'm just trying to understand what's caused it. I don't want to go through all the hassle of a reset only to get it again.

The weird thing is, I've googled the **** out of this and nobody else seems to have had it. I can't be alone, surely.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yeah I understand your frustrations with this. Just one of those 1 in a million things I guess...

GREMLINS!

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Sorry to resurrect an old thread but I've still got this issue and I never bothered to do the factory reset. I'm kinda hanging around for kit Kat to see if the update will fix it. Just wondered if anybody else might have any ideas on this again?

JbWejman

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Hi !
My name is Jb, i'm french. And I just get the same problem on my htc One ! :-\ I don't know why, I didn't install problematic apps, I didn't hack my phone. So, I hope somebody has a solution ! :) Thanks !

Last edited:

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Hi !
My name is Jb, i'm frenc. And I just get the same problem on my htc One ! :-\ I don't know why, I didn't install problematic apps, I didn't hack my phone. So, I hope somebody has a solution ! :) Thanks !

Let me know if you ever do a factory reset and it fixes it. I'm holding out for the 4.4 update to see if it might sort itself out.

-Scienide-

Jul 9, 2013
Visit site
Well, I had a nightmare with mine. My HTC backup vanished. Luckily I used an app called Helium as well so that backup worked. All sorted now.

JbWejman

Feb 20, 2014
Visit site
Well, I had a nightmare with mine. My HTC backup vanished. Luckily I used an app called Helium as well so that backup worked. All sorted now.

Thanks for the advice ! :p So, I think you we can close this thread. Have fun and enjoy your htc one ! See ya !