HTC One - Option for Phone-style keyboard gone

Mar081193

Nov 24, 2013
Visit site
Under Settings > Language & Keyboard > HTC Sense Input > Keyboard selection > Keyboard types, I used to be able to choose the old phone-style keypad. However, after a recent update (2 days ago), the option to choose that keyboard is gone, and I am only left with the QWERTY, AZERTY and QWERTZ options. Is there any way to get the old phone-style keyboard back?

Spooky Ghost

Dec 5, 2013
Visit site
This has just happened to me now! The main reason I got my HTC One was because of the phone style keyboard. I have also got apps I never downloaded and my phone locks whenever I press the power button to send it to a blank screen. None of this happened before and I don't want to have to reset my phine to factory because I'll lose all the stuff I HAVE installed!

tedbearclaw

May 6, 2012
Visit site
Do your self a favor and try out SwiftKey. I haven't looked back at the stock keyboards since

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app

adriandb

Mar 18, 2013
Visit site
This has just happened to me now! The main reason I got my HTC One was because of the phone style keyboard. I have also got apps I never downloaded and my phone locks whenever I press the power button to send it to a blank screen. None of this happened before and I don't want to have to reset my phine to factory because I'll lose all the stuff I HAVE installed!
Back it up.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

CovWhiteBoy

Dec 4, 2013
Visit site
Do your self a favor and try out SwiftKey. I haven't looked back at the stock keyboards since

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using AC Forums mobile app
My own thread on this is below and I was pointed to the Jelly Bean keyboard on the Play Store.
It's similar to the old stock one but nowhere near as good.
This morning I installed a trial of Swiftkey and would definitely recommend it.
Had been warned that it would take time to get used to but I'm loving it after just a dozen or so texts.
The swiping and word prediction is excellent.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thtknt