Update changed my lock screen

Rice Peas

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Hi all,

My phone was recently updated (not sure how to find what it was about, seemed to be a big one though) and now I have a lock screen on my phone. It used to be a scrolling gallery, but I can't find the option to put that back on or turn lock screen off. Anyone remember how to do it, or has it been removed for some reason?

If it's been removed is there any way to remove the update? I work from home and have absolutely no use for having to swipe up every time I want to use my phone.

Thanks!

stanny27

Jun 6, 2013
Visit site
It's the 4.3 update which removes the lockscreen. No options now to have a lockscreen so you cannot change it. Don't think you can downgrade back to 4.2 but not certain on that

Rice Peas

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
Just use the app "No Lock"

Jim Lloyd

Using this now, thanks Jim.

Hard to believe that someone actually took the time and effort to sit down and remove this feature from the phone. Literally the first thing that caught my eye with this phone was the scrolling lock screen gallery, and when I bought the phone and found how annoying having to swipe up every 5 minutes was I was damn happy you could turn it off. Now some genius has removed both options.

SandersJC1964

Feb 22, 2010
Visit site
Using this now, thanks Jim.

Hard to believe that someone actually took the time and effort to sit down and remove this feature from the phone. Literally the first thing that caught my eye with this phone was the scrolling lock screen gallery, and when I bought the phone and found how annoying having to swipe up every 5 minutes was I was damn happy you could turn it off. Now some genius has removed both options.
Better yet, simply go to Settings>Personalize>Lock Screen Style, and select No Lock Screen.

tetrazocine

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Better yet, simply go to Settings>Personalize>Lock Screen Style, and select No Lock Screen.

I have a Telstra (Australia) HTC ONE and the 4.3 update no longer has the the "Lock Screen Style" option and forces the default lock screen.... wrong decision to remove this in my view. From other threads I have read other updates (4.3) from other carriers also have this option removed.

gyroslice

May 13, 2010
Visit site
The lock screen option is gone completely from 4.4. Since updating this morning I have both the pattern unlock and the Quick app unlock.

Posted via Android Central App

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
you can add extra LS pages for widgets swiping left... pretty cool.

Where do you get to add extra pages to the lock screen? I see the the little arrows (at the top) hinting that I can swipe left on my lock screen but it does nothing when I do that.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Where do you get to add extra pages to the lock screen? I see the the little arrows (at the top) hinting that I can swipe left on my lock screen but it does nothing when I do that.

you need to swipe left in the directions of the arrows. it doesnt need to be at the top (in can be anywhere alongside the right side of the screen) but close to the frame.

you will be presented with a + sign which will allow you to add a 1 widget per new page.

Last edited:

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
you need to swipe left in the directions of the arrows. it doesnt need to be at the top (in can be anywhere alongside the left side of the screen) but close to the frame.

you will be presented with a + sign which will allow you to add a 1 widget per new page.

Do you mean to do that in the actual lock screen? I swipe and swipe but the only thing that shows anything is the weather clock that changes to "slide up to unlock" and that's it.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
Do you mean to do that in the actual lock screen? I swipe and swipe but the only thing that shows anything is the weather clock that changes to "slide up to unlock" and that's it.

yes in the actual lockscreen.

you must swipe very close to the right border of the phone. it wont work if you do it in the middle of the screen.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
I just did that after writing the last post and it work. It's a shame they didn't allow swiping anywhere on the screen.

I will add some and see how it goes but I already miss the productivity template that I had which showed email, missed calls and SMS.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
i suppose its done to avoid swiping to the widget page by mistake. since its not locked or anything there is nothing preventing it from moving over to the other pages.

you still get notifications on your lockscreen from emails, calls, sms and more (you need to set it up in settings).

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
i suppose its done to avoid swiping to the widget page by mistake. since its not locked or anything there is nothing preventing it from moving over to the other pages.

you still get notifications on your lockscreen from emails, calls, sms and more (you need to set it up in settings).

The update reverted the productivity notifications to defaults, so that's why I didn't see them. Thanks for reminding me that they were still there.