I know this may sound silly, but how do I turn on the screen when talking through the headset or using speakers.
    It's just the screen goes black after a few seconds after turning on the speakers or plugging in the headset, then I'd like to use the phone, but I just cannot turn it on. Only way it to use the power button, but that disconnects the call.
    11-27-2013 04:10 AM
    Just wanted to clarify 1 point. It is not the proximity sensor, it works just fine when I am not using the speakers or the headset. Screen goes blank when close the ear/when the sensor is covered, and it lights up when moved away.

It's just when on speakers/headset it goes blank after a while and then the only way to power it up is to push the power button which disconnects the call.

For now I am using an app Keep Screen On to push the screen always on when needed, but... have you got any ideas how to solve this?

// Yes, I am replying to myself.
    11-27-2013 07:04 AM
    First lets go back to the beginning, I know you say the sensor is working OK. Is it dirty? Although they may not look like they are coated in muck it really takes very little to cause them to miss read. I'm not a expert on them but they may also change how sensitive they are based on phone state/mode. So what is dark to it while on a regular call and what is dark to it while on a call with a device may be different. I'm not sure but I just throw that out as something to consider.

Now for what you really want to know. Setting>Accessibility>Power Button Ends Call

Hope this helps, and welcome to the forum.
    11-27-2013 07:27 AM
    thanks... I've spend an hour flipping through forums and found a similar suggestion and IT WORKS. Now I can use the power button to deal with this.

It's the damn translation of the android on my (non-english) menu
    it's not Settings>Accessibility>Power Button Ends Call
    but Settings>Accessibility>Call Ending

How would I know from flipping through the menu that this has anything to do with the Power Button, right?

Thanks again
    Also, there are other ways to manage this or walk around the problem - apps designed to keep the screen on, but it's not the thing I was looking for.
    11-27-2013 08:05 AM
    Your welcome. Thank you for replying to say that it worked. So many times people get the answer they need or don't and then stop posting. Really posting a final "this worked" or "none of these was what I was looking for" type post can be the most informative part of a thread, and the more helpful to others that came looking for answers.

Just out of curiosity was the other suggestion for the power button mine too? I've been posting that a lot lately, and just think it would be funny.
    11-27-2013 09:07 AM
    Sorry, can't be sure. I was digging through AC forum, but also anything else that google led me to.
    11-27-2013 03:47 PM
    No big. Just thought it'd be funny. Glad you're good. See you on the boards.
    11-27-2013 06:27 PM