Hello, guys. I'm new here. So, my name's Matheus and I'm from Brazil. I've been looking at this forum for a while, but I never posted here. I never wanted to post something like this, 'cause I think it's very annoying and there must be several threads of people having the same doubt as mine and I should just look at those topics, but I can't find them right now.

So, I want to buy a new smartphone and I just can't decide which phone I should get. I'm in doubt between the HTC One and the Google Nexus 5. And I also consider getting an Xperia z1. I want to buy a top-line smartphone 'cause I want to pass a long long time with it, something like 1,5 or 2 years without worrying myself of buying a new mobile. I come from a simply Galaxy Ace and I'm a little bit tired of Samsung Galaxies, and everybody here in my town has a Galaxy or an Iphone, so I'm disregarding getting an Iphone.

I'm almost choosing the HTC One, but there are a lot of questions that makes me rethink my choice. First: HTC closed the business here, they don't sell for Brazilians anymore. Second: If I buy an HTC One and it break, I could never get it fixed again. I read here that there are a lot of ppl having trouble with the One's camera. If that thing happen to me I'd be lost. But I love the premium looking of the One, I like the speakers and the high quality screen, and Sense is beautiful. But I know that Nexus is better in many ways and they are the same price here. I'm indecisive than ever.

I know that the One doesn't has a good camera, but camera is one of my big regards, that's why I consider getting an Xperia z1. The One's camera is poor but the software offers extensive camera options and I like it.

So, guys, all I want to know is: is it worth it for buying an HTC One at this time of the year? What phone should I get? Do you have any suggestions? Please guys help me, I'll appreciate every comment here. And thanks in advance!!
    11-27-2013 12:05 PM
    Personally I would go with the Nexus 5 even though the camera is blah you get guaranteed updates for the next 2 years, stock android, and a spectactular price point on and off contract

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013
    11-27-2013 12:20 PM
    Personally I would go with the Nexus 5 even though the camera is blah you get guaranteed updates for the next 2 years, stock android, and a spectactular price point on and off contract

Hope this helps!

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013
    You helped me a lot, thanks!
    11-27-2013 12:46 PM
    personally i think the nexus 5 is inferior to the htc one... in many areas.

yet its a very good phone and thatguy97 has a point that you are guaranteed android updates for the next two years. perhaps 4.4 will be the last android version for the htc one, though no one knows at this point.

as for getting "stock android", that's just a personal taste. myself particularly wouldn't trade Sense for stock android but to each his own.

edit: as for the camera, the nexus 5 camera isnt that great. the htc one camera either you love it or you hate it. its controversial but not "bad" as you state it is... ive taken great shots with it and there is a sticky on this forum with pics taken with this phone which will give you an idea of its quality.
    11-27-2013 01:48 PM
    Well, I can't speak too much about the N5 because I don't have one, nor have seen one in person.
    I do have the HTC One, and to me it is a GREAT phone overall. The sound on this phone is second to none, so if you will be using the phone for media, playing games, this phone won't disappoint.
    As far as the camera, well, again I don't know too much about the N5, but the One has a very good camera in my opinion. The "Ultra" pixel scheme is very good especially if you take pictures in low lighting conditions, but overall I'm satisfied with the camera performance. As you stated, if you won't be able to service HTC phone in Brazil, then it's up to you if you want to take the jump and get it. For me, I had no issues since day one.
    The way I see it is the N5 is a "top of the line specs" with "average materials and construction". For the cost, you get a GREAT phone, but don't expect build quality compared to the One.
    Yes, you do get updates faster on the N5, but HTC will be rolling out latest KitKat 4.4 by end of January, so I don't really care to have anything more than that.
    One thing I can say is that the HTC One has been great for me and i really admired what HTC did with this phone.
    Also, keep in mind, for the price of one HTC one you could almost buy two N5s.
    11-27-2013 02:03 PM
    Thank you guys for helping me giving suggestions. I really feel attracted to the HTC One, but I'll never have the service from HTC, and it gets me afraid.
    11-27-2013 08:47 PM
    I saw the thread about the camera shots and I really like it. I also go to Statigram to see picutres that ppl post on instagram with the htcone tag.
    11-27-2013 08:50 PM
    Thank you guys for helping me giving suggestions. I really feel attracted to the HTC One, but I'll never have the service from HTC, and it gets me afraid.
    i am from argentina and we too have no official htc support. i got it with a 6 month warranty from the reseller and that was it..

i took a huge risk (and still am in a way) but so far so good. you just have to decide how bad you want this phone. now you have more options available to you (nexus 5, moto x, sony xperia z...) when i got mine it was either this or the S4... and there is no way i would buy a samsung.

if you do get it, you'll have to be extra careful with it.
    11-27-2013 08:58 PM
    i am from argentina and we too have no official htc support. i got it with a 6 month warranty from the reseller and that was it..

i took a huge risk (and still am in a way) but so far so good. you just have to decide how bad you want this phone. now you have more options available to you (nexus 5, moto x, sony xperia z...) when i got mine it was either this or the S4... and there is no way i would buy a samsung.

if you do get it, you'll have to be extra careful with it.
    Yeah, I know :/ I'm careful with my things but accidents happen.
    11-27-2013 09:11 PM