BBM not waking phone or vibrating

David Morison

Nov 28, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am an Android newbie, after owning an iPhone for 4 years. I got used to the simplicity of iMessage, but one of the reasons I switched to Android was because I'd heard that BBM was out for it.

I've downloaded and installed it, and it works great on the whole, but I have it set to Vibrate when I receive a message, and this doesn't happen. Nor does the screen waken up when a message comes in, so I have to keep checking. This is quite inconvenient, and I may miss important messages.

Could this be an Android problem/setting?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

David

Mcwong

Feb 12, 2013
Visit site
Hello,

I am an Android newbie, after owning an iPhone for 4 years. I got used to the simplicity of iMessage, but one of the reasons I switched to Android was because I'd heard that BBM was out for it.

I've downloaded and installed it, and it works great on the whole, but I have it set to Vibrate when I receive a message, and this doesn't happen. Nor does the screen waken up when a message comes in, so I have to keep checking. This is quite inconvenient, and I may miss important messages.

Could this be an Android problem/setting?

Does anyone have any suggestions for me to resolve this issue?

Thanks,

David
BBM is also available on iPhones, you don't need to change to android. If you are on 4.3 or 4.4, you can install dashclock widget and an extension dash notifier. This will wake the screen up. I'd assume you don't have LED notification, install NoLED and configure for bbm. This will wake up the screen and play any ringtone to alert you.