Android Device Manager (ADM / Find My Phone) rings only once

clevendore

May 1, 2013
Visit site
When I select "Ring" from the Google ADM web page my Sprint HTC One rings only one time. Wondering if this is a problem with my phone (latest firmware) or a problem with Google/ADM or the HTC One ? I have 3 "Find My Phone" Apps installed. All could locate my phone, but none could make it ring reliably?

After finding my phone the old fashioned way, I ran some experiments and here's what I found:
-Google ADM
Always locates but phone rings only ONCE in response to a ring command and then only very intermittently. Sometimes rings, sometimes not
-Sprint Total Protection App
Always locates but phone receives a text message in response to a ring command but does not ring. Web App says "Alarm has been sent but your phone has yet to respond"
- Lookout
Phone rings WHEN the lookout App can connect/locate phone. It Could NOT connect to my phone all night indicating "Please try again later" even though phone was connected to 3G and Wi-Fi and the other two apps could locate 100% of the time. This morning after finding my phone myself, the app managed to connect and find/ring my phone. Seems to connect only after I wake up my phone myself!

I tried on Wi-Fi and on 3G with no change in behavior. I also ran same tests on my old Sprint Samsung S2 and all three of these apps worked as expected.

Wondering if anybody has any FIRSTHAND experience w/ a "Find My Phone App" that works reliably on HTC one? Would appreciate any info but would like to limit to firsthand experiences in order to prevent this from becoming a long speculation thread :)
thanks!

IAmSixNine

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Interesting catch. I tested my Stock TMO and it also rang once.
I tried it with stock TMO jingle and with my custom ringtone and same, just once.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nikoczzzz