Selecting multiple images in the Sense 5.5 Gallery?

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
I think I must be going potty, but I can't seem to be able to select multiple images in the HTC Gallery app since the (shonky and unreliable as hell) 4.3 update.

Does anybody know how I can select multiple images? In the usual gallery you keep your finger pressed on one, and then it allows you to select multiple images. Now though, it bring up a menu of options instead of you long press an image.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Re: HTC One - Sense 5.5 Gallery - selecting, multiple images?

It doesn't look as though you can, try a gallery app on the play store.

robsawalker

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site

What a brilliant idea HTC *slow clap

So now I have to have two gallery apps on my phone.... dear oh dear

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

What do you need to select multiple images for? Sharing? Deleting?
I just got the 4.3 update from EE today and I can select multiple items.

Pressing and holding no longer allows you to multi-select true, but it seems the new way to multi-select is to first choose your desired action.
E.g. Delete/Move/Copy/Share
after that, it will allow you to select which items to use it on.

Ninjatogo

Sep 30, 2013
Visit site

Stock 4.3 from EE.
Seems strange that there are differences.

EverNap

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

I think I must be going potty, but I can't seem to be able to select multiple images in the HTC Gallery app since the (shonky and unreliable as hell) 4.3 update.

Does anybody know how I can select multiple images? In the usual gallery you keep your finger pressed on one, and then it allows you to select multiple images. Now though, it bring up a menu of options instead of you long press an image.
If you tap on Delete or Share in the gallery, it lets you select multiple pictures. I'm using a ViperOne ROM though.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site

if you want to share multiple images, press the Share button atop the screen, select where you want to share it too, and it will then allow you to select as many images as you want.

likewise if you want to delete, select delete from the drop down menu and it will allow you to select the images afterwards.

did this answer your question?

zeeej

Feb 22, 2015
Visit site
you may select the option button at the top right corner, choose the action you want, for example 'delete' and then you will be able to multi-select files from gallery.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabrieldavis