Animations

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi all,

If you turn off animations in developers options and then go to an app with three dots in the corner. You cannot access the menu, is anyone else getting this and is there a way to have animations off and still access three dot menus? I'm on stock 4.3 sense 5.5.

Thanks.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
You can enable Dev options by going to about>softwareinfotmation>more>tap build number 7 times and then a menu called Dev options will appear above about. You can do stuff in there like force certain options etc. Learn about what your doing before you do it though via Google.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I don't have 4.3 yet and I've never turned off the animations, but if you are having issues accessing menus with that disabled try going to Settings>Display, gestures & buttons and under the heading buttons is home. If you open this there are two options the second option is Swipe up for Google Now, press and hold for menu. What this does is if there is a menu option in or for whatever page/app that you are in pressing and holding the home button should open the menu. I have one game that has no menu now that I'm using 4.2 and this was my only way to access the menu without quitting to the main menu.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Sorry. This site has one other tip for speeding up the One besides turning off animations. I'm sorry but for me I'd have to have the menu over some slight speed increase. This phone is pretty close to the fastest out there. My scores in Quadrant are off the charts compared to everything they list as similar to the One. Just saying. Well good luck.

anon(8215685)

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
I'm running 4.2.2 Sense 5.0, have animations disabled, and still have the three dots in all apps. I'm guessing it must be a change made in 4.3.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(8215685)

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
It works for me in calendar. This is odd. If the drop-down menu that appears after touching the three dots is considered an animation, which it seems like it would be, then why does it work for me? After watching a Tips & Tricks video on YouTube that said disabling animations would yield a performance bump, I tried it. I haven't noticed any difference at all. Disabling animations is the only change I've made in developer options. If it's an option/setting I don't know what it is. Strange....

Posted via Android Central App