Cracked screen replacement!

parkerd97

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
Hey guys... Had my phone on my lap as I was getting out of my truck phone feel into gravel parking lot and I didn't notice then 200lbs of weight stepped on it... Needless to say I now have 3 little spider web like pieces on my phone. (Sorry for the description) Everything works fine. Touch still works on it, color is clear.. But I can't stand it at all.. I know of many people just sending it back to HTC and having it replaced for about 150$ is that going to be my best option? I would like to not have to ship my phone for a week and a half and have nothing. I wouldn't mind selling it and getting another used. How much could I get for it? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated!

Posted via Android Central App

hodan

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
The problem with all these phones is that the digitizer is glued onto the glass (or vice versa) so it's hard to replace the glass without replacing all of it.

You may find someone that can do it, but it would probably cost $150 or more.

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys... Had my phone on my lap as I was getting out of my truck phone feel into gravel parking lot and I didn't notice then 200lbs of weight stepped on it... Needless to say I now have 3 little spider web like pieces on my phone. (Sorry for the description) Everything works fine. Touch still works on it, color is clear.. But I can't stand it at all.. I know of many people just sending it back to HTC and having it replaced for about 150$ is that going to be my best option? I would like to not have to ship my phone for a week and a half and have nothing. I wouldn't mind selling it and getting another used. How much could I get for it? Any help and info would be greatly appreciated!

A cracked screen kills resale value like nobody's business. Chances are it would be cheaper for you to send it off to HTC for replacement and try to get a hold of a cheap phone to use while your ONE gets repaired/replaced.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

parkerd97

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
My carrier is At&T! And I was thinking the same thing. Sell it for 50-75 and buy a cheap phone and suck it up till my contract is up...

bigtnew

Oct 1, 2011
Visit site
My carrier is At&T! And I was thinking the same thing. Sell it for 50-75 and buy a cheap phone and suck it up till my contract is up...

No, keep it get it fixed. In the mean time buy a go phone at Wal-Mart or something and just return it. Or sell it for like 20 off on craigslist.

Posted via my hTc one with a cracked screen!

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
No, keep it get it fixed. In the mean time buy a go phone at Wal-Mart or something and just return it. Or sell it for like 20 off on craigslist.

Posted via my hTc one with a cracked screen!

I say keep it and get it fixed too. Not sure how long it takes to get it fixed but you could always use the first 13 days yours is in for repair to take the opportunity to test drive another phone and when you turn it back in pay the $35 "rental" fee. You could try a G2 or Moto X or even a Note 3 for those 13 days.

gp8.3

MONDINGO

Aug 3, 2012
Visit site
You don't have the extra AT&T insurance? If you did I think a replacement is anywhere from $100-200 depending on phone model.

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

cuffs50

May 9, 2012
Visit site
And when you get it fixed get an ottetbox defender. People are gonna say why would I cover up such a beautiful phone? Well I'll tell you why cause when you drop the darn thing once or twice it won't be nearly as beautiful. And when you're in a safe environment just take the thing off it's not like it's permanently affixed. My phone would never survive without it.

sent from my stealth black HTC OnE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol