Why did I not receive 4.4 on my unlocked HTC One?

mrcoder6

Nov 22, 2013
Visit site
My HTC One if factory unlocked.. It's not from a carrier or anything. Why did I still not receive the update? How can I get it?

mdcraig

Mar 15, 2012
Visit site
Kit kit for the HTC one has not been released yet. Last I heard they were planning on having them all updated by the end of January. Being carrier unlocked doesn't really change that. They still have to get their Sense skin on there. It's not like to Google play edition which is basically stock android.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
Kit kit for the HTC one has not been released yet. Last I heard they were planning on having them all updated by the end of January. Being carrier unlocked doesn't really change that. They still have to get their Sense skin on there. It's not like to Google play edition which is basically stock android.

Wrong, some HTC One models got Kit Kat, even with HTC Sense. That includes the Developers Edition in the USA, and as I found out, the ChungHwa telecom models from Taiwan also (I own one of the latter, and got KitKat + Sense 5.5). Others probably got it too, but as this iste is USA-centric, you won't find a lot of news about non-USA, non-UK phones, sometimes just a passing mention.

@ mrcoder6: you say you have an unlocked, unbranded version. Which version? From what country or store?

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
I read the GE HTC One and the Developer Edition got it, but that is it.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

jfs101

Trusted Member
Sep 17, 2011
Visit site
I have the U. S. unlocked version, I updated over a week ago to 4.4 with sense 5.5. The roll out was documented here on AC when it started.

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
I have the U. S. unlocked version, I updated over a week ago to 4.4 with sense 5.5. The roll out was documented here on AC when it started.

this.

i too have had 4.4 over a week ago now. htc one unlocked US version.

OP: is your HTC from the US? not all unlocked phones will get 4.4 at the same time. They push it out gradually by regions.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
m1000