[RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a facebook google play update

Steve Hodgson

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
I bought a new tablet for the kids a few weeks ago - loaded a couple of apps on it for xmas and then left the tablet in the box
opened it again on Christmas Eve and I can't download anything - get the RPC: S-3 nothing to do with FB just simple download from Play Store
The device only has WIFI and I am leaving it on the network tonight hopefully auto update will update system software it is currently 4.5.10

Anyone got any suggestions??

Gom8z

Dec 17, 2013
Visit site
Like I said guys, shaneroberts posts what he thinks is the reason and I would try that.

What he believes is that the account your new phones and tablets are using to connect with your system are not actually your google accounts.

1. Try going into account settings and removing anything where it says you have an account currently setup on your phone.
  2. After you do that... clear all caches and then reboot.
  3. Finally, make sure you definately select your google account and try again.

drummer, in relation to your issue where you resolved the rpc:s-3 error, got facebook working and then it stopped... no clue mate something else must of happened.

Hughesers

Dec 22, 2013
Visit site
You aren't being rude mate. I was replying to shaneroberts saying I had tried what he suggested to the RPC:S-3 error. which didn't fix my problem. No new apps could be downloaded, no existing apps could be updated, all gave the same error code. I did find the answer on another site tho so thanks to everyone for their help and suggestions, including the one about forum etiquette. most amusing. The answer to my RPC:S-3 problem was found at this you tube clip; https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uv8d-n...

Steve Hodgson

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks Gom8z,
But I still dont get it - I did a factory reset, created a new google account and could download ONE (1) app and then it wont let me download anymore -
This has happened twice now - I did the factory reset to get off the latest versions of everything as the tablet was set up to upgrade automatically and it had done so.

The tablet is BRAND NEW - It has Never been used other than by me to try to create a google account and download some apps for my kids!!
There ARE NO OTHER Accounts registered on the tablet -

Is this problem something that started recently?? I have sworn by my Android HTC in the past and never had this problem before then I got moved over to iPhone through my job-
-- So what a surprise it was to me to return to Android and find that the basics arent working anymore!!

Laura-Jane Ashford

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem with s:3.

Here's how I fixed it for me (this morning)

Remove all google accounts.
Go to Settings -> apps -> Download manager and clear data
Settings -> apps -> Play Store...clear data
Settings -> apps -> Google service Framework...clear data
Reboot
Settings -> Add account -> Google -> existing...and so on.

It worked for me with s:3 error. Hope it works for others.

Steve Hodgson

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Dave, if the fix is on the page- why are so many people STILL having problems??

I have tried all of the suggestions and none work continuosly - I factory reset my tablet and created a new Google account and I could download 1 app and then I am back to where I was -.
suggesting to me cache, password or account problems but clearing out AND RETRYING ..STILL THE Same problem over and over.

Steve Hodgson

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Gom8z : you say the error is due to a problem with the "BASE VERSION OF A PRODUCT" not working with the new Google Play app -- BASE VERSION OF WHICH PRODUCT are you talking about?? The Base version of the Android OS in my TABLET? I like many many other people here have spent hard earned CASH to buy Christmas presents for our kids and they are really peeved off at the fact that their kids cannot enjoy them cos some ***** has come out with a new version of the base software without doing any (technical term - sorry) REGRESSION TESTING!!!

some one - please re-implement the Previous working version of the google Play app on the server side so we can all have AT LEAST A happy new year!!

People.... don't be your own downfall and make sure you read the entire thread. The RPC:S-3 error appears to be a problem with the base version of a product not working with the new google play app. Hence you need to go to product's source website and then download the latest update (ie the mobile "*.apk" file).

Below is an example if your issue is with facebook. If it is, you need to download the link shown in the below quoted message and then run that file from your phone. This thread also covers how to find the file and run it on your phone.

GOOGLE IS YOUR FRIEND PEOPLE... LAZYNESS ISN'T!

Laura-Jane Ashford

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Laura-Jane

How many apps have you down loaded since you did this?? I downloaded 1 and then it hung again - same error

At least half a dozen in a row.

I was trying all sorts of things before I got that method to work. Factory reset even made it worse for me at one point. At first I was just clearing cache which was no help. Once I tried clearing data instead I had success.

Steve Hodgson

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Laura-Jane

This is REALLY getting beyond a joke - I have done a factory reset and cant update the device cos I cant download!! catch 22
I will try again thanks..

At least half a dozen in a row.

I was trying all sorts of things before I got that method to work. Factory reset even made it worse for me at one point. At first I was just clearing cache which was no help. Once I tried clearing data instead I had success.

Steve Hodgson

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a google play update

Hi there Shane, Thanks for your very informative posting here - I have not tried this- YET - but what confuses me here is that when I did everything I thought was correct the very first time -everything worked for the first few downloads!!! and then I put the box away - xmas present to my kids - opened it on Xmas day and I couldn't download anything - SO, something must have changed on the server side ?? I started thinking..- reset everything as suggested on here and could download 1 app and same problem again ---
Does this sound familiar to you ??

CHeers

OK, this happened to my phone yesterday (Samsung Galaxy Note 3). Wife and I upgraded phones to the Note 3. Her's worked fine and downloaded from play store, mine didn't and got the error message [RPC:S-3] on every single play update or download, so nothing could be released from the play store. Called AT&T and BS tech's said they aren't responsible for Google Play. So here's what I did while tech was on the phone: I went to my wife's phone and downloaded the same apps that was coming up on mine with this error. Then I told tech that it's an issue with MY phone, and not Google Play. Tech then merged a Samsung direct tech on the line. This tech made me do a factory reset. I then set it up again and all worked and this error message went away. HERE'S WHAT I THINK THE PROBLEM IS: this setup procedure is different from the previous phones I had in one way - when you initially setup your email address to start the phone, you have to manually select or register it as a GOOGLE account, using the GOOGLE setting and not the EMAIL setting. The EMAIL icon is the same red/white color as the GMAIL icon so I assumed this was Google direct. It isn't. You MUST select it as a GOOGLE account, not email. I didn't do this step the first time which is why the play store came back with that error (it was thinking it's a non-Google email or something). This has to be a stupid software glitch that even the tech I spoke to had no clue of (they didn't recognize this error code). BOTTOM LINE here is reset your phone (factory reset) and when you get to the step to enter your email, make sure you select it to associate with the GOOGLE icon or account, and not the "EMAIL" account. FYI, I have multiple Google accounts and thought this was the issue, but it's not. It has to be the set up and a glitch which tricks the phone that if GOOGLE isn't selected, it won't accept it for play store verification or something like that...

mrsmumbles

Oct 5, 2013
Visit site
Re: [RPC:S-3] error occurring only on a google play update

Hi there Shane, Thanks for your very informative posting here - I have not tried this- YET - but what confuses me here is that when I did everything I thought was correct the very first time -everything worked for the first few downloads!!! and then I put the box away - xmas present to my kids - opened it on Xmas day and I couldn't download anything - SO, something must have changed on the server side ?? I started thinking..- reset everything as suggested on here and could download 1 app and same problem again ---
Does this sound familiar to you ??

CHeers

Try resetting the date and time. It may have gotten off track. Others reported this sometimes works.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk 2

Steve Hodgson

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
HI Gom8z Just done this for the third time now exactly as the instructions say - It tries to and seemingly succeeds synchronizing already installed apps - eg Gmail without any error - could just be that there is nothing newer to download - BUT I still cannot download any apps from Google Play. same error RPC: S-3

The account I am using to connect and download is the ONLY account on the tablet and it is a GOOGLE account.

Any more ideas any one??

Like I said guys, shaneroberts posts what he thinks is the reason and I would try that.

What he believes is that the account your new phones and tablets are using to connect with your system are not actually your google accounts.

1. Try going into account settings and removing anything where it says you have an account currently setup on your phone.
  2. After you do that... clear all caches and then reboot.
  3. Finally, make sure you definately select your google account and try again.

drummer, in relation to your issue where you resolved the rpc:s-3 error, got facebook working and then it stopped... no clue mate something else must of happened.

Ian Baker

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
I had the same problem, but all i did was go into accounts and deleted my google ac, then go into app manager and slide across to ALL, then go down to Google account Manager,and clear data,.come out of all that now and go to go onto google play store icon,(shopping bag) and follow it from there and re-enter your email and password, it worked for me. and can now update all 10 apps that was pending with this rpc.s-3 fault.:)

Steve Hodgson

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Hi Ian,
Unfortunately not for me.. :-( Exactly the same error
thanks for trying..
I had the same problem, but all i did was go into accounts and deleted my google ac, then go into app manager and slide across to ALL, then go down to Google account Manager,and clear data,.come out of all that now and go to go onto google play store icon,(shopping bag) and follow it from there and re-enter your email and password, it worked for me. and can now update all 10 apps that was pending with this rpc.s-3 fault.:)

jcmendo3

Dec 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys

I was having relatively the same problem except my difference was i kept getting error rpc s 7 so here's what I did.

After extensive cache clearing & factory resets, I still haven't resolved the card dilemma but found a loophole. I went to walmart, bought a google play card for $15 & surprisingly enough it accepted it in the "Redeem" section. I actually prefer this method since I don't run any risk in getting my info hacked onto google wallet & stolen so i'm relatively fine with it

Read on another forum of a guy somehow moving his google play purchases to be extracted from his monthly bill which is genius since it's a lot cleaner of a bank statement instead of hundreds of ".99" cent purchases. Hope this helps!

-JM

debbie008

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
hi all i am having the same problem error RPC:S-3 with my new tablet, my daughter can download apps easy enough with her tablet... im confussed.com......

tracey568

Dec 28, 2013
Visit site
im having this problem with the google play store on my daughters new goclever tablet. any advice on that please. error code [rpc:s-3] on every download on google play store. wont download anything at all. not an internet problem as everything else works perfect.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance