really stupid HTC ONE question regarding the phone screen

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
when i make a call is the phone arbitrarily deciding to switch between the keypad or the screen with a mute and speakerphone button alone? it invariably chooses the wrong screen, e.g. mute/speaker when i am dialing my bank and need to enter account information. is there some way to set it before i call? or better yet, why can't i have the mute/speaker buttons on the same screen as the keypad?? there is plenty of real estate....

thank you!!

anon(7894520)

Aug 4, 2013
Visit site
i was under the impression it displayed the screen you last chose.

i don't think its an intelligent piece of software that will display exactly what you need depending on your call or moment within a certain call.

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
haha i understand that. i was mostly hoping someone could point me to the setting i don't see to combine both screens into one like it should be. if it's a separate app, as dave clark suggested, could someone please recommend one?

thanks

walterkurtz

Jul 2, 2013
Visit site
and while i am kvetching, is there some reason the phone history won't display the time of a call beyond the current day?? it's ridiculous!

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I suggest you look for a dialer yourself since you have an idea of what you want and will like. Just type dialer in on Google play and it will give you lists of dialers to choose from.