HTC One video error

Mijanul Hoque

Dec 27, 2013
Visit site
Hi guys, I recently purchased a HTC one. Everything was working perfectly till last night; my phone wouldn't stream videos what so ever. Not Netflix, Instagram videos, Snapchat videos, YouTube etc. I don't seem to know what the problem is? It's not my WiFi connection, other phones/devices work fine with it. I've tried streaming videos with 3G but I still get the same problem. :( can anyone help?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you able to play local videos? I saw a post once on this very same phone but he couldn't get any kind of video to play. I don't think I ever saw a solution though...

EDIT: I found this on that other thread... hope it helps.
I have the HTC one and ran into this problem yesterday. The problem seems to be that Google Play Movies cannot communicate with the device properly. Once you try to play anything in google play, your videos no longer work. In order to fix this go into your settings > Apps > swipe over to all. Now go through all of your apps that have anything to to with video; vine, youtube, Etc. and clear the cache on all of these apps (make sure you hit Google Play Movies and View Video). Next go to the Play Store and uninstall all updates to Google Play Movies, then reinstall. After all of this do a simulated battery pull (volume down + lock) and that should do the trick, worked for me anyways. I tried going into Play Movies again and had to repeat the process. Hope this works for you too!

DynastyLondon

Apr 29, 2014
Visit site
I have recently encountered a similar problem regarding the videos on HTC one. Non of the apps including the standard video recording app in the camera are not recording or playing videos. This includes apps like sky go, BBC iPlayer standard no4 recording and you tube. I have cleared cashes and restarted phone. But no joy. Has anyone come a cross a solution that can work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol