My camera is now screwed

rozroz

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
just to add another note to this ONE vs NOTE battle here,
although i prefer every aspect of the ONE over the NOTE,
it's stupidly irresponsible qiuality control let down when HTC release a phone with that big of a problem with the camera sensor.
this should have been checked. or maybe it was found out too late and they just "rolled" with it.
as i live in Israel i'll not send in the device for 2 months to be repaired (if at all). i just accept the faulty camera until i'll upgrade the device.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Stopped by ATT today. They said they had never seen that problem before. Strange.

Anyway they said I need to call the 800 number and they would send me a new phone. I would keep this one until the new one arrives in a few days.

Not sure if that is true or not, but I guess we will see. I need to back up all my data before I call because they said they will require a reset before proceeding.

Isc73

Dec 31, 2013
Visit site
Not trying to sound ignorant but my friend has the one, I have the note 3, and how can you even compare the cameras? In my opinion the note blows the one's camera out of the water. Love both phones though

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Not trying to sound ignorant but my friend has the one, I have the note 3, and how can you even compare the cameras? In my opinion the note blows the one's camera out of the water. Love both phones though

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk

My brother in law has the note 3. It does a good job in good light. The one does better (unless it is borked) in low light. It also has a wider ISO range, Optical Image stabilziation, and a faster lens and wider angle. It also does well in good light.

Not to say one is better than the other in all circumstances, but for me, I prefer the low light ability of the One. I can get shots that I couldn't on the note 3. So, to say that the note blows the one out of the water is not accurate.

However, this thread was not meant as a pixel peep comparison between the one and other phones. That has been done to death.

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
this thread is not about the note 3.

your post was neither helpful nor relevant.

if i did or did not own a note 3 is beside the point. good for you if you are enjoying it but the OP's problem is not the "purple tint" issue that some find when using their camera in dark environments or flat against a table. his camera is clearly broken. in comparison, he posted his wife's photo from her camera which works fine and the photo looks damn good to me.

if you like the note 3 that much perhaps you'll find that forum section more interesting; and even be of more help to those who post there.

It's relevant to me. I had an HTC One. Glad I got rid of mine before it did what his did. Simple as that.

You may think since I don't own the phone anymore I can't comment but you're wrong. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

mkgino

Sep 5, 2013
Visit site
Stopped by ATT today. They said they had never seen that problem before. Strange.

Anyway they said I need to call the 800 number and they would send me a new phone. I would keep this one until the new one arrives in a few days.

Not sure if that is true or not, but I guess we will see. I need to back up all my data before I call because they said they will require a reset before proceeding.

The problem with this solution is that you are going to get a new phone but it will either be early build or a refurb. Both have a good chance to have or develop the purple tint in the future.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
The problem with this solution is that you are going to get a new phone but it will either be early build or a refurb. Both have a good chance to have or develop the purple tint in the future.

Yeah, I will have to inquire about that. I certainly don't want one that will go 6 more months and then blow up again, after the warranty is done. They may just have me send it in for repair too. Won't know until I call.

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
It's relevant to me. I had an HTC One. Glad I got rid of mine before it did what his did. Simple as that.

You may think since I don't own the phone anymore I can't comment but you're wrong. :)

Sent from my T-Mobile Note 3 using AC Forums.

Well, I have been assured that my problem will be fixed, so while disappointing that I have to deal with it, I am glad I got the One and if it can be replaced or repaired under warranty I would still choose the One.

No matter the device, you have no assurances that there will not be a failure at some point. My wife's phone is still fine and we both got them at the same time (pre-ordered).

SCjRqrQCnBQ19QoYCtdl

Jul 29, 2011
Visit site
Well, finally sent my phone off last week. It will be nice to get my phone back and have the camera that I loved so much instead of the purple haze all through my mind.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech