I pre -ordered an HTC one dual SIm and am one of the lucky ones I guess. They took my credit card details then said nothing for a week or two. Then I get this email stating my phone is ready and I will be getting another email for 'security reasons' . The second email did not arrive until days later, but it asked for a copy of my driving licence, passport or other ID to be sent to Expansys their supplier!!!!!

I just dont agree with this, its wrong, I hope its not a trend. Why on earth should I do this to make a purchase?

Buyer beware
    01-02-2014 05:53 AM
    I pre -ordered an HTC one dual SIm and am one of the lucky ones I guess. They took my credit card details then said nothing for a week or two. Then I get this email stating my phone is ready and I will be getting another email for 'security reasons' . The second email did not arrive until days later, but it asked for a copy of my driving licence, passport or other ID to be sent to Expansys their supplier!!!!!

I just dont agree with this, its wrong, I hope its not a trend. Why on earth should I do this to make a purchase?

Buyer beware
    Expansys apply this (sometime) with new customers to avoid fraudelent use of VISA/Master cards. Contact Expansys, but it's ok from their end...
    01-03-2014 12:04 PM