HTC One+

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
yes but as i said before, it will be a "true upgrade", unlike you seem to think.

I guess I should of said something else. Let me state what I really want to say. I hope that this rumor is true because they need to change if they want to get back into the game. With these specs, it will be a true upgrade unlike their previous definition of a "true upgrade" (like a bigger screen and leaving everything else the same). HTC has a lot of work to do, and hopefully with the one+ they won't do the same thing as they did with the one X+.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like the fact that they will take away capacitive buttons,G2 owners main complaints is the onscreen buttons,no more S2W too :(
Surely they did that for space matters as it would be too big if they keep stereo speaker + 5'' screen

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I didn't like the fact that they will take away capacitive buttons,G2 owners main complaints is the onscreen buttons,no more S2W too :(
Surely they did that for space matters as it would be too big if they keep stereo speaker + 5'' screen

They should bring back the home button. That HTC logo still throws me off.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I hope they finally knew from where is coming the purple tint issue with ultrapixel, let's hope the twin camera option will be 8mp ultrapixel + 16mp normal lens,and Peter Chou can be sure it will destroy iphone 5s and 6

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
Sounds like a really, really solid upgrade.

Snapdragon 600 -> 805
4.7" screen -> 5" screen
2,300mah battery -> 2,900mah battery (best rumour so far imo)
4mp Ultrapixel camera -> 6 or 8mp Ultrapixel camera
2gb LPDDR2 ram -> 2gb LPDDR3 ram
Capacitive buttons -> software buttons (imo software buttons are the way to go. I prefer them)
No sd card slot -> sd card slot

Overall, that's a great upgrade, and I'll be getting rid of the Nexus 5 to snap one up. I just hope with the sd-card, they don't compromise the design/quality of the phone. I don't particularly like the idea of a removable back case just for the sd-card, so if they can add it to the side or something, that'd be better. Just want the One+ to look as good as the One. If they don't change the design - that's fine. It's still the best aesthetically looking android phone on the market imo.

I think even if the phone does turn out to be what the rumours say, it may not be a successful phone. I don't think HTC have the marketing power to get this phone out and advertised to make an impact in the market. It'd really be a shame though, as HTC are doing things no other android manufacturer is doing (dual stereo speakers, ultra pixel camera, beautiful aluminium phones etc) and I'd hate for this to be their last flagship.

Cool Jeff

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
No 2K resolution as first rumors were saying,nor 3GB Ram.
It's true that the One is fast and not laggy like S4 but dunno if with new apps in 2014 2GB will not be limited...
I don'r care about FHD res or 2K as it won't make a difference on 5'' but I hope the video recording will be 2K or 4K

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I'm sure whatever specs the One+ end up with it will be a nice phone. A phone I will not be buying.

HTC Diamond, Hero, Og Evo, Evo LTE and HTC One not to mention the Mogul I had back in the day. I've had my fill.

Nothing wrong with HTC I just need a change. Curious to see what gets announced over the next few months

My Evo lte Filling the shoes of my HTC One

tigerNamedtony07

Apr 19, 2011
Visit site
I agree with you tron. Everyone tells me my phone takes great photos. At night or at a concert it does not, but hey that's what i get for bringing a phone camera to a show. I purchased a handheld samsung digi cam, so i will bring that to my next show.

madlaw1071

Sep 1, 2010
Visit site
the htc one 4UP camera is a fine camera.

its the megapixels tards using plastic phones who attack it to feel better about the phone they have.

Uh no. The One's camera placed dead last or near the bottom of virtually every phone comparison and then are those folks with the purple haze problem and still more with the autofocus problem. Then there are those that like to actually look at their pics on something other than a 4.7" display in which case the lack of MP becomes painfully insufficient.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
adelinachau53674