HTC One: problem with youtube, fixiegif.

Amoq

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Dear users,

Since a short time I am experiencing problems with playing embed youtube videos while browsing (for instance videos a forum-thread; videos on the youtube app still work) on my HTC One. This problem is occuring for around 3-4 weeks, before that I had no problems with playing Youtube videos. Does this have anything to do with a recent update?

Furthermore I'm having problems with playing gif's (from the app Fixiegif) which friends of mine are sharing on Whatsapp. The image just stands still and nothing happens. I downloaded and installed Flash (didn't knew if that could be helpful though) but nothing changed. Does anyone have a solution for my problems?

Many thanks in advance.

Greetings

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
Try this :
After you open the page with the embedded YouTube video go into the browser settings and enable Desktop View and try playing the video.

Posted via Android Central App

Amoq

Jan 4, 2014
Visit site
Thank you! That solved my first problem. What's the reason embed video's aren't playing in the mobile version of the website?

morami

Nov 19, 2011
Visit site
This only started for me after 4.3 update.
Interesting fact is that many times when you open the same page with Chrome the video will play.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals37