Wi-Fi connections

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
I've been having some problems with my WiFi lately. I have some hotspots saved (like Optimum) and often connect to them when driving through town. But when I leave the area it keeps me connected but with no data/signal and takes forever to switch back to 3G. For a while I could turn off Wi-Fi but eventually it just turns itself back on and reconnects. Now though I can't even turn it off most of the time, unless I restart the whole phone.

I'm running 4.3. Anything?

Posted via Android Central App

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
First check that in your settings you have disabled the notify me when WiFi is available. This should stop it from turning itself back on. Settings>WiFi>Menu>Advance>Notify my when WiFi is available. If this doesn't stop it from coming back on you may need to do a hard reset to fix the bug. However it sounds like you have Notify Me enabled so each time you open an app that uses WiFi it turns on your WiFi automatically to check for a connection, and this would explain your On Off issue.

Belhade

Jul 30, 2011
Visit site
Nope, I have the Wi-Fi notifications turned off. I think I probably will have to do a hard reset; just been putting it off because it seems like a bit of a hassle.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs