HTC One multitasking like Samsung Galaxy S4

Johnnybarra

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
So, earlier today I went to unlock my phone and I don't know what I did that my phone went immediately to a multitasking page, that looked exactly like the one on the Samsung Galaxy S4. I have no idea how it happened. Or why.

Anybody else experience this before?

I'll try and see if I can post a picture here in a couple minutes.

Edit:

Screenshot_2014-01-09-13-21-36[1].jpg Screenshot_2014-01-10-00-45-55[1].jpg

Last edited:

supert1020

May 24, 2011
Visit site
Ya that's Recently used apps not the the galaxy's that can be running to app on the screen at the same time. FYI flicking an app on that screen closes the app

Posted via Android Central App

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
The multitasking screen you showed looks like the default Google multitasking (not just Samguns, it's the same found on the Nexus and GPe devices for example, and many other phones). Just like on some phones with their own camera app where sometimes through some app shortcuts you can access the default google camera app (bundled with Gallery), I'm guessing the Google multitasking can be accessed somehow, based on that screenshot you showed. It'd be interesting if you could figure out how you got to it, what key/swipe/etc combination!

rckymtntim

Oct 23, 2011
Visit site
The multitasking screen you showed looks like the default Google multitasking (not just Samguns, it's the same found on the Nexus and GPe devices for example, and many other phones). Just like on some phones with their own camera app where sometimes through some app shortcuts you can access the default google camera app (bundled with Gallery), I'm guessing the Google multitasking can be accessed somehow, based on that screenshot you showed. It'd be interesting if you could figure out how you got to it, what key/swipe/etc combination!

Double tap the home button.

Johnnybarra

Jan 10, 2014
Visit site
Ah, my mistake. I had no idea it was Google's multitasking.

But, yea. I somehow got to it on the HTC One. Only once, though.
It's extremely intriguing that I was able to access it in some way.

I'm using the cover lock screen and before I unlocked it, I accidentally touched the screen in a way to where it unlocked directly into the Google multitasking.

Posted via Android Central App

anon(21022)

May 8, 2010
Visit site
I'm using the cover lock screen and before I unlocked it, I accidentally touched the screen in a way to where it unlocked directly into the Google multitasking.

See that probably explains it, perhaps that lockscreen somehow called the multitasking activity from Google and not the one defined as default on the phone, and there you had the google multitasking screen showing up!

It happened on my previous phone when I tried Nova Launcher, which had by default a shortcut on the homescreen to the camera activity - only, that called the default google (part of Gallery.apk) camera and not the Fujitsu camera, so I was able to use either camera.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelsea rae