Google Keyboard

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I've just moved to a HTC One from a Nexus 4. Can anyone explain why the keypress sound is different on each phone? I like having the sound on, but the sound of the keyboard on the HTC One is pretty annoying.

Dave Clark

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
I've just moved to a HTC One from a Nexus 4. Can anyone explain why the keypress sound is different on each phone? I like having the sound on, but the sound of the keyboard on the HTC One is pretty annoying.

The HTC one uses its own keyboard developed by themselves, so the sound it makes would be relevant to the theme they are trying to show via sense. Like what Samsung did with the Galaxy S3, they had a whole nature theme going on with that phone. Not sure what sense is doing apart from being annoying. You could always try another keyboard like Swiftkey, Swype etc in the play store. I hope this helps.

JBeef

Aug 11, 2013
Visit site
If your not using the one then isn't this thread redundant?

I think they meant they're not using the HTC default keyboard rather than not using the HTC phone (using google keyboard app on both devices). It's the difficulty of a confusing name for the phone. If they'd have answered what keyboard with "the google one" we'd understand. When someone says "the HTC one" it gets confusing.

AussieAndroid

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I think they meant they're not using the HTC default keyboard rather than not using the HTC phone (using google keyboard app on both devices). It's the difficulty of a confusing name for the phone. If they'd have answered what keyboard with "the google one" we'd understand. When someone says "the HTC one" it gets confusing.

My bad, it made sense in my head haha.

Yeah I'm not using the stock HTC keyboard as I prefer the Google keyboard. Just wondering why the sound is different when it should be the same app.