New user help please - photos disappearing on HTC One

srmurray1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Searching for answers as to why most but not all of my pictures are gone from the gallery. Only had about 25. Today I have 6. I don't have them going to another service. Can anyone advise me? I saw another person had this problem a week or so ago. Can't find an answer. Is this just a bug in android? My albums aren't hidden. How do I find the files on my phone? New to android. Thanks.

ajua

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Use a free file manager like File Commander and see if they are in the DCIM folder like ramonm2 said. I also would make sure the regular Photos folder is not hidden and that you are confusing it with the Highlight folder.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Astro File manager is really nice also. If they are disappearing than it is not likely but you can also check your gallery to see what folders you're looking in for pictures. Open the gallery, upper left corner select album view, upper right corner open the menu and select Show/hide albums. There it will show every folder it finds images in and which ones you will be able to see in your gallery.

srmurray1

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
Not sure what happened. Maybe I deleted them out of the gallery somehow when I was moving stuff around. I connected to my desktop and went into internal storage. DCIM file. Only shows the pictures that are showing in gallery. The pictures are synced to my Facebook photos and are in the Facebook app. Is there a way to move them back to the gallery from there? I don't have them going to any other service. And thanks for the replies.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
Yes if you go to Facebook and view the photo, open it, then open the menu there's an option to save it to your device.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jm_rookie2