HTC One AOSP ROM

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted HTC One and I have been using sense based ROMS ever since I rooted my phone. While they were great as it allowed to stay in familiar territory with Sense, I'd like to upgrade to pure android 4.4 kit kat.
I know pure android runs faster, has less lag, takes up less space and requires less resources so I was wondering what is the best AOSP ROM and what are the requirements for it. I have TWRP 2.6.3.3 and I was wondering what is S - Off as well as its required for AOSP ROMS.
Thank You

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I have a rooted HTC One and I have been using sense based ROMS ever since I rooted my phone. While they were great as it allowed to stay in familiar territory with Sense, I'd like to upgrade to pure android 4.4 kit kat.
I know pure android runs faster, has less lag, takes up less space and requires less resources so I was wondering what is the best AOSP ROM and what are the requirements for it. I have TWRP 2.6.3.3 and I was wondering what is S - Off as well as its required for AOSP ROMS.
Thank You

S-OFF essentially means to turn off the security implementation that HTC put on the phone. I'm not sure which HTC One you have, so I'm guessing you have the international version:

Check out the list here:

One Android Development - xda-developers

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
I just typed AOSP into the search bar, couldnt find anything so I left it at that ! THANKS !!! Which one would yourself say is best ?!

I cannot say from personal experience because I don't have an HTC One, I have a One XL. What I can say though, is that Beanstalk ROMs are pretty good, so from that analysis, I would say try out Beanstalk. Otherwise, it wouldn't hurt to try all three!

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I cannot say from personal experience because I don't have an HTC One, I have a One XL. What I can say though, is that Beanstalk ROMs are pretty good, so from that analysis, I would say try out Beanstalk. Otherwise, it wouldn't hurt to try all three!

Thanks ! After a brief look, Bean Stalk seems to be getting favourable reviews so I'll be looking into that, hows the battery life on a AOSP ROM compared to a sense based ROM

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante