HTC One: Google Play Edition ROM

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I have a international HTC One and I would like to change my HTC One to the GPE. Could anyone recommend any ROMs which offer the most purest Android experience on my HTC One and what are the requirements. Thanks

Sent from my HTC One using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: Google Play Edition ROM

My favorite is Slim Bean. Requirements would probably be 1) rooted, 2) custom recovery and 3) S-Off (Not sure about this one, hopefully someone more familiar with HTC can chime in)

Posted via Android Central App

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

My favorite is Slim Bean. Requirements would probably be 1) rooted, 2) custom recovery and 3) S-Off (Not sure about this one, hopefully someone more familiar with HTC can chime in)

Thanks, could you please provide the offixal XDA link

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Thanks, these are all 4.3 ROMs and I'm looking for Kit Kat, do you know of any AOSP ROMs which are almost identical to GPE

Ah, my bad then. Cyanogen Mod, the actual GPE ROM (This is a port, which I don't recommend), or SlimKat (Currently in Beta, so it might not be the most stable)

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

Ah, my bad then. Cyanogen Mod, the actual GPE ROM (This is a port, which I don't recommend), or SlimKat (Currently in Beta, so it might not be the most stable)

What are your views on Bean Stalk 4.4.200 M7UL. The official HTC One GPE update has been out for over a month, I'm surprised their hasn't been a ROM version for it yet

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

What are your views on Bean Stalk 4.4.200 M7UL. The official HTC One GPE update has been out for over a month, I'm surprised their hasn't been a ROM version for it yet

I've heard good stuff about it, but haven't used it personally. I'm sure there's a ton but those are the best imo

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site

I've heard good stuff about it, but haven't used it personally. I'm sure there's a ton but those are the best imo

Likewise although I'm not a fan of always flashing a new ROM whenever the mood makes me, I just want to have the perfect set up

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site

Likewise although I'm not a fan of always flashing a new ROM whenever the mood makes me, I just want to have the perfect set up

You can make nandroid backups and switch between ROMs easily. Have them setup the way you like and not worry about losing it when you go from ROM A to ROM B

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask what's the difference between a Nandriod backup, a TWRP backup and titanium backup ?!

UJ95x

Retired Ambassador
Aug 26, 2013
Visit site
Can I ask what's the difference between a Nandriod backup, a TWRP backup and titanium backup ?!

Nandroid backup is the same as a TWRP backup. It can also be done with CWM. It takes images of the entire OS and anything on it.
A Titanium backup will only backup data, but it will not make an image of the OS

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Nandroid backup is the same as a TWRP backup. It can also be done with CWM. It takes images of the entire OS and anything on it.
A Titanium backup will only backup data, but it will not make an image of the OS

Oh that's fine then, I just assumed a nandroid backup was something else, I just want a pure android ROM on my HTC One as I believe the battery life and performance is beginning to go abysmal

westiewanderer

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
Im using an HTC ONE, and I have tried SEVERAL 4.4 roms...right now im running the UNSenseONE rom, and its INCREDIBLE!! Great radio(great signal everywhere i go, that has been a problem with all the other 4.4 roms ive tried) and AMAZING battery life! I highly recommend it! Im running TWRP recovery. Hope that helps!

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Im using an HTC ONE, and I have tried SEVERAL 4.4 roms...right now im running the UNSenseONE rom, and its INCREDIBLE!! Great radio(great signal everywhere i go, that has been a problem with all the other 4.4 roms ive tried) and AMAZING battery life! I highly recommend it! Im running TWRP recovery. Hope that helps!

Thanks ! I have TWRP 2.6.3.3 and what is the battery life like on it ?! On standard use how long does it take to deplete

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I've gone through a ton of roms over the last month or two, I'm currently using the newest insert coin sense rom, that I've been very happy with. The other rom that was one of my favs was the GPe rom called sinless rom (its one of my backups). GREAT rom, GREAT support. ( [ROM][JAN 13][Team Nocturnal] SinLessROM GPe v6.2.6 | Google Play Edition | 4.4.2 - xda-developers ) right now the kit kat aosp roms just aren't at the point where everything works right, my opinion.

Ideally I just want a pure android ROM which is easy on my system as all the sense base ROMs I've had are at least a 1gb in size and I saw a AOSP which was just 172mb.
I'm a fan of sense but I just want a change and I think changing to pure Android offers many good things such as good battery life and performance

rayndog3

Sep 18, 2013
Visit site
Ideally I just want a pure android ROM which is easy on my system as all the sense base ROMs I've had are at least a 1gb in size and I saw a AOSP which was just 172mb.
I'm a fan of sense but I just want a change and I think changing to pure Android offers many good things such as good battery life and performance

I hear ya, I was doing the same, thats why I had gone through sooooo many roms over the last couple months. in the end I really didn't seem to gain that much battery life using an aosp or GPe rom over the sense rom. I just went 2 days with my sense insert coin rom on one charge, with a few hours of screen on time. but definitely give them a whirl, especially the beanstalk (which is now CM based) and the dirty omni rom. those are probably the two best aosp roms I've tried. I tend to lean towards the CM based roms just cause they have the theme chooser in it. Good luck.

Don164

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
I hear ya, I was doing the same, thats why I had gone through sooooo many roms over the last couple months. in the end I really didn't seem to gain that much battery life using an aosp or GPe rom over the sense rom. I just went 2 days with my sense insert coin rom on one charge, with a few hours of screen on time. but definitely give them a whirl, especially the beanstalk (which is now CM based) and the dirty omni rom. those are probably the two best aosp roms I've tried. I tend to lean towards the CM based roms just cause they have the theme chooser in it. Good luck.

2 days 1 charge that's unheard of for me ! I suppose theirs pro's and con's for all ROMs but I just want the basic Google experience plus it has its own features which are good enough for me