need help! HTC one wont HTC One Won't Boot Into TWRP Recovery or anything

Tyrelle Proudlove

Jan 20, 2014
Visit site
not sure what to do here C:\FastBoot>FastBoot flash recovery recovery.img
error: cannot open 'recovery.img' keeps comeing up everytime i enter it, i have tryed clearing the cache , here is what comes up C:\FastBoot>FastBoot erase cache
******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.045s]
finished. total time: 0.045s
i have done this lots of times to make sure everything is okay but nothing work please help

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Have you tried using the RUU package to restore it back to stock/working order?

Also which variant of the HTC One do you have, as in what carrier/region is the device?

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
not sure what to do here C:\FastBoot>FastBoot flash recovery recovery.img
error: cannot open 'recovery.img' keeps comeing up everytime i enter it, i have tryed clearing the cache , here is what comes up C:\FastBoot>FastBoot erase cache
******** Did you mean to fastboot format this partition?
erasing 'cache'...
OKAY [ 0.045s]
finished. total time: 0.045s
i have done this lots of times to make sure everything is okay but nothing work please help

Are you flashing the recovery correctly? You have to make sure it is in the same folder where the adb and fastboot files are located at. Then in cmd, you have to change the directory so that your inside the folder with the recovery image and fastboot files.

Sent from my One Xl using Tapatalk

spewak

Sep 23, 2011
Visit site
To add to wizzrah's post: The easier way to open that command window is to hold shift while right clicking in that folder that has adb and fastboot files and select "open command window here" and then running the fastboot command.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
To add to wizzrah's post: The easier way to open that command window is to hold shift while right clicking in that folder that has adb and fastboot files and select "open command window here" and then running the fastboot command.

You could do that. Or you can practice the cd command :)

22eco

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
So where can I get the adb and fastboot files. I have my brother in laws phone that will not boot up for the love of nothing. this was not a failed attempt of a root he does not even have a computer that is how I wound up doing this job.. :/ I have yet to try anything real yet, I really could use some help on where to start.. I do know that I cant see the device in my computer at all.. sooooo lost.. BTW its the ATT version there is no SD card slot....

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
So where can I get the adb and fastboot files. I have my brother in laws phone that will not boot up for the love of nothing. this was not a failed attempt of a root he does not even have a computer that is how I wound up doing this job.. :/ I have yet to try anything real yet, I really could use some help on where to start.. I do know that I cant see the device in my computer at all.. sooooo lost.. BTW its the ATT version there is no SD card slot....

It won't boot up? Can you provide more info as to when this started?

22eco

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
sorry I dont know the lingo yet.. im stuck on this screen i can nav through these items but they do nothing.. it started to do it like a month ago and before we could mess around with things and get it to work but now it wont do anything.. if i had to take a guess it was something he downloaded he was downloading lots of things like boot leg movies from some shady sites..

22eco

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
Woah, just realized that your phone is an HTC One Mini, not an HTC One. The forum for that phone is here.That's why it looked different hehe. So when did this start happening?

oops I guess I will ask over there,
umm I would say the issues started like a month or two ago.. we could mess around with things and get it to work but now it wont do anything

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
oops I guess I will ask over there,
umm I would say the issues started like a month or two ago.. we could mess around with things and get it to work but now it wont do anything

What do you mean by "mess around with things"? Could you go more in depth into that?

22eco

Jan 21, 2014
Visit site
If you can help i posted it here so we dont thread jack this

and I really cant tell you what we did to make it work just going through the factory reset and fast boot and reboot nothing in particular and all on the phone no computer until now.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03